• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Campers!

4x4e350

I'm using my hybrid camper, going to put it on a 30' custom trailer on M105 axles, with a flat bed behind the camper to tow my off road buggy, then pull it with my 5 ton on 16's. Still looking for the trailer frame, axles, and 16's, but am in no hurry, so just pull the camper with my 5 ton on 11's for now.:)

Attachments

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
heres pics from the airshow 2 weeks ago. any other pics just let me know.

mounting a batt box and gene on the front, right above the parking brakes for the trailer.

im also debating about adding 395s. what do you all think. anyone have any experience with 395s on a m105
So you made yours stay up all the time and put on a dif door. How does it pull that way? Any top heavy-ness?

srodocker

Teh trailer came that way. we welded up the top so its fully welded onto the box itself. pulls find. deuce doesnt notice it behind the truck. i need to lower the air pressure in the tires as they bounce around a bunch. i may try to do 395's to see how they look at least...

Pawnshop

Mine is going to be a "teardrop" style (technically a "weekender" design, in teardrop terms), so far I have started preparing the frame but am still in the design (and money gathering) phase. Attached are pix of: my trailer in it's current state, the "weekender" design concept and some photos I found on the www of one someone built on a M116A3

I like the side access idea better than his rear door design, I think it would be easier to ventilate from the sides, but otherwise he has some good ideas there. There are a lot of so called "off road" teardrop trailers out there but this is the first one I found that can actually be USED off road!

Attachments

Last edited:

koolex11

Pawnshop, that is a nice design. Incredibly simple, light, roomy, minimalistic. I like how you cut off the box rather than incorporate it. That should save you some weight and make it look really sharp. Keep the pics coming!

koolex11

I, of course, am not minimalistic, but just dream of all the add-ons. Did you think about adding extra storage/tool boxes on the outside, above the wheel wells and in front of them?

Pawnshop

The bumped out nose is all storage and I am thinking of storage space below the floor, between the frame rails. The only possible problem with that is access as I plan to use a real twin mattress inside (NOT a puny futon or foam pad). I am also planning on a storage box on the tongue, fuel/water can holders on the sides and a roof rack on top. And a spare tire, somewhere...

Pawnshop

Pawnshop, that is a nice design. Incredibly simple, light, roomy, minimalistic. I like how you cut off the box rather than incorporate it. That should save you some weight and make it look really sharp. Keep the pics coming!
I think it will do well, my idea was to have a secure place to sleep in a thunderstorm. A cot inside a standard M101 with a cover on it is OK, but not much better than a tent in a storm. I have experienced a heavy thunderstorm in a tent, once is enough! I am trying to keep the weight down as my M1009 will be the prime mover.

koolex11

Roof rack, nice. Depending on interior height, you might be able to make a fold-out bed with your twin mattress. That will keep it clean and out of the way so you can fill trailer with travel gear...2cents

Pawnshop

Likely not, I want to keep it short to reduce drag and weight, just tall enough for me to sit upright on top of the mattress. I MIGHT find a way to attach 30mm ammo cans underneath, those would stay dry inside and take some abuse from kicked up rocks, as long as they don't hang down too low clearance will not suffer.

koolex11

I imagine you should be able to keep those cans above the axle, or close. Clearance should be OK. Good idea with the ammo cans. Improvise and overcome!

A 4-wheeler and a mattress. What else do you need?
They were taken when i first got it done. Enroute to punkin chunkin. I don't have any pictures of the inside when we were using it. we have quite a few things that we set up for actual use. like a table toilet fridge and a few other things that make it more like home.

unclemikey

Not mine: Friend Wolfpack built this rig. It's an M116A1 Gen trailer with a Apache hard side pop-up trailer mounted on top. Gangs of storage, goes up in about 15 min, will follow the Deuce anywhere. Works well, lots of room.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks