• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Campers!

koolex11

I have been daydreaming about a slide out side like your wife's, and I wish I knew more about them. Is it a complicated system? Can it be done with a manual crank or maybe just give it a tug like a kitchen drawer? And most important, how do you keep rain out of the joint, both open and closed?

Bighurt

I have been daydreaming about a slide out side like your wife's, and I wish I knew more about them. Is it a complicated system? Can it be done with a manual crank or maybe just give it a tug like a kitchen drawer? And most important, how do you keep rain out of the joint, both open and closed?
It can be as complicated as hydraulic slides or simple as crank out.

Weather proofing is accomplised viw rubber flaps, and rope seal...it's preety good. I've had driving rain on both extended and retracted slides and no water intrusion.

My unit has 3 slides, and I added slide awnings to protect the roof of the slide from the elements.

koolex11

I looked up those slide awnings. looks like a sunsetter that unrolls as it slides. That's smart, but maybe a little too advanced for a plywood camper!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best thing to do is go to a RV place and look over the slides. You can buy the hardware, not sure how hard it would be to build. They have multiple seals. Mine also has the extra awning over the slide, seems like a good idea. Be pretty neat to have a MV trailer with slideouts on it!

koolex11

Yeah my wheels are really turning now...

My parents had a pop-up camper all my life and sold it last year. I never bothered to look at the mechanics of it, but now I wish I had. I will have to take a trip to the camper store, and maybe I can pick up an old junker for parts.

srodocker

my mom sent me the pic of my dad completing my bed last night. he was happy lol. folds up into the sub wall he made and latches. then it folds down and has screw in legs that can be stored somewhere else inside the trailer

Attachments

koolex11

Hmmm, I'm intrigued now. What size/type of trailer could I pull with a M1009 (2" lift and 33s)? It's not quite as cool as getting (and converting) a M1010, but it would be a heck of a lot cheaper.
I believe the M101A2 was meant to be pulled by 1009, but all M101's would work. An M105 is probably a bit too big.

koolex11

Frodo, that is going to make a nice camper. That's a good size. If I understand correctly, are you going to put the shelter box on the 2 axle trailer?

koolex11

I thought you were going to say it was your planned septic tank :)

Keep posting pics! I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Oh and what is the length of your bunk?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks