• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your trailer caps!

twa@ezdn.net

I see some S-788 shelters are for sale. What I have found out so far is they are for the Humvee. Think one might work on a M101a2 frame? Anyone heard of such a application.
The only Pic I have is from GL and I don't think I can post it.

Thanks Tim

koolex11

TWA, I saw them and the problem I see is too wide. The A2 is 6' wide and the 788 is 7'. Does that mean it cant be modified? Dunno. Maybe you could just drop it on top of the A2 box and that will leave underneath for even more storage. Front to back dimensions are almost identical I think. 101" and 102" according to spec plates. It might turn out to be very beneficial, depending on your intended use. For example, if thinking of a camper, you could then set up a bunk ACROSS the trailer, and you wouldn't have to sleep with your head between your knees. 2cents

Good luck with the research and happy bidding!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
The tornado that came thru blew it over the hill and i had to drag it up on its side to get it back up, just haven't had a chance to get to it yet!

koolex11

I think those 788 wheel wells would have to become tool boxes. Couple of hinges and doors and you have side access storage...

I thought about it some more, and having the shelter sit on top of the bed rails will open up all kinds of options for hiding things: built in cooler, pull-out grill, propane tank, spare tire, septic tank, large water tank for sink/shower, shoot you could even roll a beer keg in there! That would make a very sweet camper, as long as you don't mind cutting out some windows!

koolex11

Yeah it would be very high my way. I tend to dream about the bells and whistles and forget about the basic logistics. Did you get around to measuring to see if the shelter wells fit over the a2 tires?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 250 shelter works on the A2, here is some data on it for comparison.
The only problem I see is that the base width of the S250 is 48" and the width between the inner fenders of the A2 trailer is 45". Certainly works with the A3 box. The fenders can and have been modded for the extra width.

koolex11

The only problem I see is that the base width of the S250 is 48" and the width between the inner fenders of the A2 trailer is 45". Certainly works with the A3 box. The fenders can and have been modded for the extra width.
Yes somebody documented the trailer well mods with good detailed pics. I am trying to find them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks