• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your trailer caps!

twa@ezdn.net

I will be reserching installing without the bed. I have found some threads showing it can be done. Not sure how heavy the bed is but will help with load capacity if it's gone.
Just not sure how strong the floor of the shelter is and how to mount it to the frame. Try to work some of that out b4 the auction.

twa@ezdn.net

Bear transport or my 6 year old with out sleep! or did you say Beer transport it is Friday.:beer:

I like the 788 still and there are some for sale. If I find they will work and can get one cheap I plan to go that way. If not I have made plans to build my own (and look like a mv)>

Danger Ranger

OK, I am waaay confused.....what happened?!?!?!? Wasn't this all part of another thread? I have read this before, and even posted on it, but none of it is there....Am I alone on this?:confused::confused::confused:

koolex11

If you're talking about the 788's. Go back to page 3. GL had 4 of them listed this time around in Meade. Last I saw they were up over 700. I wonder what the winner(s) intend to do with them. They were sweet looking. And with some slight mods I bet you could have dropped one onto a trailer frame pretty easily.

koolex11

TXH3T, I just saw that on Expo. I have to say that cap works very well with that trailer. Looks good even. Plan some add-ons and you'll enjoy that. I used to camp in my truck bed with a topper like that. I cut a piece of plywood to fit in the bed, then stapled some carpet (with 2x padding) to it. Best camping ever, but a little tight for 2 people. I put a rack on top and pitched a tarp off the back, and had some good times without having to put up a tent (my least favorite activity) and always staying dry! My only wishes were 1. wider 2. higher and 3. toilet/shower.

TXH3T

Thanks we took it to the grand canyon a week ago had a good time. I built a bed support in the trailer to fit a queen air mattress. The board sits even with the wheel wells letting me store all my camping gear food and clothing underneath. I did however realize its a pain to get in and out of it as well as sleep two plus a dog. With the girlfriend its doable but with anyone else I think I would be uncomfortable. I may be going in the direction of putting a cabover camper in instead. Will look ridiculous but as long as im dry and comfortable people can laugh all they want! :)

koolex11

My plan is to build a teardrop style on top of the 101 bed, with a truck cap as the roof. Also ridiculous looking, but a fun project nevertheless! And that way I can have it exactly the way I want it. My only worry is weight. I want to try to keep the whole thing around 2000, so I can then load it with another 1000 of creature comforts.

Vintage iron

Hey Ripcord01 I can build you one of those, but material costs would be high and then about price to fab it. What is your budget? Do you have anything to trade? :-D

TXH3T

Hey Vintage if you dont mind could you shoot me a figure for one of those as well? That was my original plan for the trailer but no one around here would build it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks