• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Off Your Bed Crane

74M35A2

Thanks a bunch. There are a lot of good ideas here. Since I already have a telescoping boom type crane (spare tire hoist) in my M925A2, I may try to clone gimpyrobb's idea, and make it swivel. Would be nice if somebody made a drop in roller or ball bearing one could sandwich between the plates.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a washer made of polyethylene plastic for a bearing of sorts, like what they use to replace the grease on camping fifth wheel hitches.

74M35A2

I ordered the Vestil WTJ-4, rated for 2,000lbs. Will replace the hand winch with a powered one, and may possibly shorten it so the beam can sit level with the top bar of the troop seats. Then it is not sticking up 20" over them at the rear of the truck looking all goofy like. Went with the non-galvanized so black paint will stick to it, and it will weld properly if I do shorten it.

74M35A2

Make sure you fab up some rounded edges on it so you don't rip the power lines off your house :wink:
Kind of like all the rounded edges on the 1/2 pound of metal shavings that came out of your pan when we drained your LDT's oil?

F O dude! At least I know the difference between fine and course threads.

Yes, I did pull all the wires off the pole with my 925A2 getting excited to drive my truck after not doing so for 2 weeks. Continued on to Coney Island, and called the utility companies claiming the wires fell down. I didn't lie. :0

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks