• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

kc4wd

105A2
Just painted mine today. Pretty bad when I first got it. Lots of rust. Got it all patched up. Took forever to cut out the rust and weld in new metal.

70deuce

1971 M818 pulling a 1981 m971 and 1986 M105A1 trailers to an event close buy in the good ol USA. Can't see the M105 in the mirrors behind the M971 and you sure can't back that rig!! The 971 has all the hookups (pintle, air & lights) to pull a smaller trailer as the M971 had generators following them in operational use. These trailers are only pulled by the M818 although the M971 also has the commercial style light socket along with the military type.

Attachments

70deuce

Fuzzytoaster, good question. LEO says it just as legal as an F250 pulling a 28' camper with an 18' ski boat towing behind the camper. At least here in CO I believe it is legal. Only had that variety pack on the road one time. By the way I need to add a cow catcher like the Mad Max Mack tractor has in your picture you posted before we do battle. :p

Bighurt

Not poking holes, just curious, is that legal?
Towing doubles is legal in all 50 states however there are defining laws, IE 28' single axle trailers on a two axle tractor utilizing a dolly. Additionally many states have LCV "long combination vehicle" requirements. This includes B-trains, Dakota doubles, rocky mountain doubles, triples, etc.

In nearly every state vehicles registered above 26k are commercial so those rules apply. However recreational and private sector vehicles and those classified as RV's, fall in another category. Oregon, Washington and nearly all the eastern seaboard do not allow doubles. There are exceptions and each state has it's own particular requirements.

In the end check with your state.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know in AZ, and I think in a lot of states, if you are towing more than one trailer, the first trailer has to be a fifth wheel trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks