• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Csm Davis

1963 M275 1973 communication trailer. I bought this set up, to store and transport 25 years of automotive shop parts and equipment. Me and my buddy sold the shop and property. It was a last minute decision, and we knew it would be an interesting trip from Ohio, to Connecticut. This trailer is too heavy for this truck, for long trips, so it was a slow one! I have to say though, the 63 showed it's strength, and made the trip home. We had some fuel filter issues, but awesome SS members helped us along they way! The trailer is still loaded, until we move it to Vermont sometime in the spring next year.
Hellrider your new trailer is a 1981 XM-971 like mine. I like them they make the truck ride nice because of the air ride kingpin and suspension. Do you have any pictures of inside? Here are some of one I just sold.

Attachments

SandD

1966 Stevens M416 although "614M" is stamped on the data plate. #5610

Got it to use as a camping trailer to pull behind my '05 Jeep Rubicon. Was going to throw some quick paint and a tarp on, next thing its in pieces in the garage. Striped everything with sanders and brushes (dont have sandblaster) and just got it back together. getting ready to start on the inside of the bed next.

before6 (Medium).jpgbefore7 (Medium).jpgbefore8 (Medium).jpgafter1.jpgafter2.jpgafter4.jpgafter3.jpg

harleyhouse

Would like a picture and more information of the trailer hitch on the M101a2 trailer. Looks like a cool mod for my trailer!
It was a simple job.
I bought a 2" weld on receiver and cut a hole into the rear cross member to slide it into.
bridged the tube to the second crossmember and welded it up.
I then bought a 7 blade plug and drilled a large hole in the crossmember and bolted it in.
Wired into the 101A2 taillight harness and it works great.

I use the receiver for a bike rack too.
I needed a 6" drop bar to keep things level.
It towed great and rolled smooth.

Attachments

RAYZER

Thankyou sir! There is a thread link to this build in my signature, i haven't updated it lately though, Im still working on 120v wiring and plumbing,should be fully self contained soon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks