• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Oldfart

Hey "oldfart" ( that's just funny ME saying Oldfart !) Is this trailer meant to be towed by a deuce or a 5 ton ?
I don't know what usually towed it. I planned on towing it with my M220. The fire control system description just refers briefly to "additional" equipment such as a generator without naming which one nor does it mention which vehicles were to be used to tow the equipment. My research going into the bid found very little information. I did a lot of picture searching trying to find some actual deployments and possibly tow vehicles included in the photos. The trailer tires are 9.00x16 on rims the same as an M37. It is wagon style and about 20 feet long with the rear platform folded up, eight feet wide and about 10 feet high.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I recently picked up this neat 1951 pole trailer. It looks to be fairly complete and it's in decent shape. I don't have a use for it but the price was right.

Attachments

SteveKuhn

Pole trailers and bolster trailers are very cool. Last summer I came across one that found its way to a utility. I wanted the Ling's crew to warm to the idea of using one for a torpedo parade float, but . . .

Steve

Robin Craig

I acquired this trailer in a complex exchange with my employer, that I still don't understand.

It is a period correct trailer for my Land Rover 1 tonne FC.

This is a wide track style often mistakenly called a Sankey trailer but who am I to argue.

Useful, light, robust, easy to change 24 to 12 lighting with screw on light lenses. Well balanced.

To get one in Canada is hard

Robin

Attachments

SteveKuhn

I Should Stay Off the [private owner] Auction Sites

I got in when it was at $67.00

OK, so I went ape and paid about 80% more than that.

And .59 cents.

One Deuce, so many lunettes, just one pintle. OK: 2 counting the Econoline.

Steve

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have Ray's aka Razor woman approved trailer. We have my man only approved trailer and here is Ken and Ellens woman only military trailer. She has all her arts and crafts in there and no men allowed.

Attachments

tommys2patrick

I suppose its true what they say," behind every good man is a good woman", especially if the man is in the truck that is pulling that trailer. Think Desi and Lucy in The Long Long Trailer. posted with a smile and kind heart.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea what they used those carts for? It looks like it would be pretty awkward to lift and move with any weight in it.
We got them issued in a Medical unit, not sure if they went to any other type, nothing special as to why we got them and they were almost never used! I think we carried some junk around the building once or twice, we had several and the others stayed banded the way they can for a long time, not sure what ever happened to them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks