• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Another Ahab

Thank you. Yes I am new here. This is a great forum, I'm glad I found it. I just picked this M416 up last week. Overall it's in really decent shape. I just need to remove about 4 layers of old paint and knock off some minor rust. I just ordered the original paint, etc.
There are some good solid threads around here on paint prep, and also finish work. But maybe you already know your stuff, and what you're doing.

rebelqwes87

That is a VERY inventive, and excellent home-grown adaptation. [thumbzup]

How does the platform "work" (like, how does it breakdown and stow)?
Thanks! The two side "wings" are hinged and fold onto the top of the main platform. The sections that go out over the tongue are attached with 1/2" carriage bolts and wing nuts. They stow underneath the main platform. I use just the bows in the stake pockets with a canvas tarp to cover it all during transport. My plan is to modify a 105 cover to use instead of the tarp.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442941090.656921.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442940993.391965.jpg

Last edited:

The HUlk

M989 I'm getting ready to delve into brake repair on. Wheels turn freely with no air and the brake chambers are not caged. It was that way when we aquired it. Found one of the brake chamber brakets is broke off from the axle at the weld.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

country

Supporting Vendor
Yeah its poplar, not sure of the sub species

3 huge trees blew over in major wind storm this summer

I am piling it up, gonna send it to local mill and have it cut down

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks