• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

two.fiveM35

I put new skins on the Pioneer tool trailer. Went with LT215. A little shorter than 235's and cheaper as well.
Looks like the 18 wheeler in the back ground is knocking the light pole down. Nice trailer, wish I bought one when they where being auctioned, the supply of Pioneer trailers dried up fast.

nchittendon

Just picked up an M105. The deuce is for my 8yo and I to do things with. One of the big things will be camping. For instance, at the Iola MV meet up in August. The trailer will first serve as storage until our current house is sold and we can move into a new house. After that, it will be a camping support rig (not 100% what that even means just yet). I have lots of ideas for it, I just need to map them out on paper and read more threads here to see if I can put it all together.

10409413_10155475658720657_5782597314533788989_n.jpg11000472_10155455194440657_4202315987758907812_n.jpg

Attachments

Truckoholic

My 1966 M105A2. Normally it is used as my garbage trailer. I've got the cover and bows for it, so normally it's how I haul all my garbage to the dump. But then when I want to use it for hauling my Yamaha Rhino around, I empty it out. Wish the bows and cover were taller so I could leave the cover on it when hauling my tall Rhino. It is a great trailer. I've had it for 3 years now.

trailer.jpgIMG_3701.JPG

WRMorrison

I finally got around to adapting the wiring of the M1101 to the Jeep. I just swapped out the 4 bulbs for 12V units and changed the plug over to a 7 blade, and voilà! All the lights work; now I need to figure out a license plate bracket. I think I'll fab something that's detachable for the rear leveling-leg ports like this one (not my pic; found it in a Google search):

plate bracket.jpg

I took it out for its maiden off-road voyage (empty) a couple days ago and it pulled great! Now to get it loaded down and try again. Much to my satisfaction, the trailer is 100% level with the Jeep (which also sits on 37's) without any raising of the pintle or lowering of the lunette. I'm very happy with how it sits. This is my first time pulling a trailer with a pintle/lunette and it is a bit noisy, but I feel the pros outweigh the cons (for me). Anyway, here's a picture of us getting ready to play in the lake for a bit:

coves2[1].jpg

-WRM

rustystud

My 1966 M105A2. Normally it is used as my garbage trailer. I've got the cover and bows for it, so normally it's how I haul all my garbage to the dump. But then when I want to use it for hauling my Yamaha Rhino around, I empty it out. Wish the bows and cover were taller so I could leave the cover on it when hauling my tall Rhino. It is a great trailer. I've had it for 3 years now.

View attachment 561701View attachment 561702
Where did you get those ramps at ? Did you make them ? I need a set for mine to haul my Honda Rancher with.

SteveKuhn

His might be longer but if you search the unmentionable auction site for "7.5' PAIR PLATED ALUMINUM ARCHED MOTORCYCLE ATV UTV TRUCK FOLDING LOADING RAMPS" you'll find a very good set rated at 1,500 lbs. I have them and they've served well for everything from [big] snowblower transport to one-man Deuce tire loading to Mule loading to moving a domestic steam boiler on furniture dolly. They have a flatter tread that is angled for grip. Easy to walk on. I thought I wasted my money when I bought 'em but I love 'em.

You could probably bump the rating if you support the hinge.

Steve

Oldfart

Lost out on this one

I tried to buy this one, but just could not win the bid. ~~ M244 from the M33 fire control assembly.20150518_131228[1].jpg20150518_131119[1].jpg20150518_131329[1].jpg20150518_131605[1].jpg Now if I could just figure out how to edit and rotate images.

Oldfart

Not quite the story. The assembly had three trailers in total. One trailer which looks almost identical on the outside had the radar consoles and electronic cabinets with a small rotating antenna on the roof. Another trailer had a larger antenna that was dismounted from the trailer and erected. This trailer was the "shop trailer" that carried all the spare parts for repair and it included work space to do that electronic repair. The only thing I could find missing from the trailer was the work bench that attached to the rail on the wall and the 4 stools that slid under the bench. There were still some NIB parts in some of the cabinet drawers. The device in the end of the trailer is the heater and air vent. It is an aluminum trailer that is water tight and will float. The M33 assembly required additional support equipment such as a generator, tow trucks etc. but I could not find any specific gensets or trucks listed as required. This is a late 50's radar controlled anti-aircraft system.

rustystud

Not quite the story. The assembly had three trailers in total. One trailer which looks almost identical on the outside had the radar consoles and electronic cabinets with a small rotating antenna on the roof. Another trailer had a larger antenna that was dismounted from the trailer and erected. This trailer was the "shop trailer" that carried all the spare parts for repair and it included work space to do that electronic repair. The only thing I could find missing from the trailer was the work bench that attached to the rail on the wall and the 4 stools that slid under the bench. There were still some NIB parts in some of the cabinet drawers. The device in the end of the trailer is the heater and air vent. It is an aluminum trailer that is water tight and will float. The M33 assembly required additional support equipment such as a generator, tow trucks etc. but I could not find any specific gensets or trucks listed as required. This is a late 50's radar controlled anti-aircraft system.
Hey "oldfart" ( that's just funny ME saying Oldfart !) Is this trailer meant to be towed by a deuce or a 5 ton ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks