• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer and rig are both in near mint condition; that is very nice. [thumbzup]

And the trailer is new to me; never seen one before: is that "port" in the rear for feeding out the trailer contents (mortar rounds or something else specific)?
Thanks!! No, I think it is just to clear the glad hands and pintle on the back.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Last week I picked up this m416 to tow around with my m151a2. I bought a few 1/4 ton trailers earlier this year but sold them all a month before I bought the jeep so I've been looking for one I could restore back to original since then. This one's in pretty good shape, it has the typical pitted floor and it needs a few spots welded up since it had a generator and fuel can holders bolted down.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Another Ahab

Last week I picked up this m416 to tow around with my m151a2. I bought a few 1/4 ton trailers earlier this year but sold them all a month before I bought the jeep so I've been looking for one I could restore back to original since then. This one's in pretty good shape, it has the typical pitted floor and it needs a few spots welded up since it had a generator and fuel can holders bolted down.

View attachment 596767
The trailer looks great; where did you pick it up?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The trailer looks great; where did you pick it up?
I bought it from GSA, it was down in Western Massachusetts.
Nice !! - Looking forward to seeing it back original.
It may not be until next year but it will be green eventually. I've already got all the parts it needs like new wiring, brake cable, lights, canvas cover, etc. so I've just got to do the work.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made myself an adapter to pull with a ball. Adjustable coupler height so it works with polaris ranger, stock height 4x4 truck, and lifted Blazer.
You seem to have a very well thought out design there.

I see just one place where I would suggest improvement....

The nut atop the threaded post the captures the Lunette Ring is your "single point of failure" and with vibration can loosen in spite of the lock washer you've employed. Lock washers, although reasonably reliable DO NOT constitute a POSITIVE LOCKING MECHANISM.
THEREFORE, I would suggest one SIMPLE modification.....

Drill a hole through the threaded post to use either a castle-type nut and cotter pin OR one of the caps typically found on the spindle/wheel bearing assembly as on most passenger cars and light trucks that will capture the nut and prevent its loosening rotation due to the cotter pin's mechanical anti-rotation assurance.

This simple mod should negate the single point of failure concerns.

Great idea !!! I agree, you should seek a patent and go into production.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You seem to have a very well thought out design there.

I see just one place where I would suggest improvement....

The nut atop the threaded post the captures the Lunette Ring is your "single point of failure" and with vibration can loosen in spite of the lock washer you've employed. Lock washers, although reasonably reliable DO NOT constitute a POSITIVE LOCKING MECHANISM.
THEREFORE, I would suggest one SIMPLE modification.....

Drill a hole through the threaded post to use either a castle-type nut and cotter pin OR one of the caps typically found on the spindle/wheel bearing assembly as on most passenger cars and light trucks that will capture the nut and prevent its loosening rotation due to the cotter pin's mechanical anti-rotation assurance.

This simple mod should negate the single point of failure concerns.

Great idea !!! I agree, you should seek a patent and go into production.
In his build pics, its already drilled.

Thanks, Gimp. I didn't catch that in the pics.

"Grape" minds think alike, huh?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks