• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 5 tons in the snow.

JarheadMtn

Your hurting me Jarhead! We got 3cm last night. It's not enough to shovel!
We got enough snow in September that I had to use the dozer to plow..... Then very little snow until a few weeks ago. Very strange weather with the East Coast getting most of the snow. I have friends on the West Coast who are complaining how little snow they have. I snowmobiled on Monday and got stuck several times in about 5 feet of powder once I broke thru the crust.

autoshopteacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mijon, Check posts #80 and #85. Most of what you asked is there. I live in a subdivision on he east side of a 7000' pass. This year seems to be a big snow year. I have wanted a camoflaged money pit for a while. Rationalized buying the truck if I found a plow. Well a 12 foot Wausau showed up at a city auction and $100 bought the plow, $7000 bought the truck and $4000 got the two mated. It moves a lot of snow. More fun to drive than a married man should have. My auto shop students painted the mouth on the blade for the homecoming parade.

Attachments

cx65083

Got the Big Green beast started and warmed up. Did a basic walk around and proceeded to get myself stuck within a truck length in 2feet of packed snow. Dangit.... I have to get the poppet valve and the sprag actuator seal replaced! This is just embarrassing.....

Attachments

JarheadMtn

Got the Big Green beast started and warmed up. Did a basic walk around and proceeded to get myself stuck within a truck length in 2feet of packed snow. Dangit.... I have to get the poppet valve and the sprag actuator seal replaced! This is just embarrassing.....
Was it stuck because the front axle was not engaged? Or was it just lack of traction? If there was ice at the bottom of the snow it could be just not enough traction. Put some weight in the truck helps, but sometimes you need chains. I have slid enough on the ice, even on snowmobiles and bulldozers. Sometimes you need some metal that breaks thru the ice to get a bite.

Artisan

Well....what does the TM have to say about SNOW and TIRE AIR PRESSURE?

That truck does not look stuck...it looks like the tire pressure is way to high is all.

cx65083

No help from the front end at all. For the record: No... not truly stuck. I was able to back it back out after a little wiggling and back and forth. My poppets do not work and the sprag actuator does not "clunk" when shifting. There is a bit of a hiss going into reverse. But none going into 1st. I have a new poppet valve to install and looking for the seal to clean up the actuator when it warms up a bit more. I was just trying to get her out of the side yard. There is ice on the bottom. And as I was slowly moving her forward, she would pack down the snow. once I spun all four rears (big ol Detroits!) she dug down to the ice and stayed there for awhile. Cant push the heavy front end when its not doing it's fair share!

74M35A2

Well congrats on the truck and the surjury lol glad to are better . In the first pic it looks like your on ice and nothing dose well on ice that I have seen . How did it handle ?
Thanks and sorry my response is sooooo delayed. I had a defective heart valve, so they cut my sternum open, stopped my heart, cut the bad valve out, and dropped in a plastic one. Is working so far, and it sounds like I swallowed a $2 watch.

The M925A2 is awesome for 6 wheel drive power slides in abandoned Walmart parking lots. Nothing like looking out the side mirror and seeing a wall of snow while the turbo is screaming its song.

On ice, it is just like anything else. She will go, but will slip and spin at anything more than 1/4 brake or throttle, even in 6 wheel.

Another Ahab

Thanks and sorry my response is sooooo delayed. I had a defective heart valve, so they cut my sternum open, stopped my heart, cut the bad valve out, and dropped in a plastic one. Is working so far, and it sounds like I swallowed a $2 watch.
That's not your everyday doctor visit. Glad to hear you're home recovered, and back in the game.

Carlo

The M925A2 is awesome for 6 wheel drive power slides in abandoned Walmart parking lots. Nothing like looking out the side mirror and seeing a wall of snow while the turbo is screaming its song.

On ice, it is just like anything else. She will go, but will slip and spin at anything more than 1/4 brake or throttle, even in 6 wheel.
WOW that sounds serious! I hope all is better for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks