• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 5 tons in the snow.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Monday December 29th, 2014. 10" of snow. Cleared off the tarp over the wrecker at midnight and then again that morning. Glad it wasn't too brittle from the cold. (Next year I'll need to redesign the under structure to be more self-clearing)

There's an M105A2 under the tarp next to the house.

Probably not exactly the kind of "in the snow" shot you're after though. ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420049464.413000.jpg

Ice and gravity formed a cool flat icicle on the passenger rear fender / mud flap.

2014-12-29 13.35.29 HDR.jpg2014-12-29 13.35.40 HDR.jpg2014-12-29 13.35.58.jpg

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks and sorry my response is sooooo delayed. I had a defective heart valve, so they cut my sternum open, stopped my heart, cut the bad valve out, and dropped in a plastic one. Is working so far, and it sounds like I swallowed a $2 watch.

The M925A2 is awesome for 6 wheel drive power slides in abandoned Walmart parking lots. Nothing like looking out the side mirror and seeing a wall of snow while the turbo is screaming its song.

On ice, it is just like anything else. She will go, but will slip and spin at anything more than 1/4 brake or throttle, even in 6 wheel.
We could have done that surgery in the garage. A hydraulic check valve from PRT would have been cheaper.

If we get lots of snow this winter, I want to chain up my Deuce and see how it does!

Carlo

We could have done that surgery in the garage. A hydraulic check valve from PRT would have been cheaper.

If we get lots of snow this winter, I want to chain up my Deuce and see how it does!
Again another year you guys are taking all the snow over there! Here we have another little to nothing winter. It should have been the winter seen every 100 years the weather guy said.

Another Ahab

Again another year you guys are taking all the snow over there! Here we have another little to nothing winter. It should have been the winter seen every 100 years the weather guy said.
Nobody anywhere knows the future:

- Not for next year.

- Not for next week.

- Not even for tomorrow.

predictions1.jpg

Last edited:

74M35A2

Part: $6,000 (carbon fiber Onyx aortic replacement valve), Labor: $244,000 (incl Tues-Sat stay).

You'll have to post your pics in the little boys room.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part: $6,000 (carbon fiber Onyx aortic replacement valve), Labor: $244,000 (incl Tues-Sat stay).

Carbon fiber? I'm pretty sure a couple ball valves and a couple check valves would have worked just fine for you. No need to go carbon fiber fancy. ;-)

My Deuce will do good in the snow with chains!

Another Ahab

Thanks from America! Yes, have insurance. I paid $500 total.
I'd call that a bargain. Guessing you don't have too many complaints about your health plan; that right?

Last edited:

74M35A2

Not very exciting, but I did take this pic this specifically for this thread. My 9 idling in McDonald's parking lot this morning with MI snow, just after dropping the kids off at elementary school with it.

9 at McD.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks