• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps the owners live in the lowlands of have family that live in the lowlands. I'm only suggesting this because the area was heavily hit and they may have closed up shop for other emergencies. Better safe than sorry, hate to see everyone show up to locked gates.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd check, myself, just to make sure, but the river than goes through town isn't the Mississippi, I doubt it would rise that much. However, if there is at least a good heavy shower before the event, that makes for some quality gumbo to try wheeling through!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ONE WEEK left to go!

What's the plan for setting up camp? Has it been decided where the Steel Soldiers contingent is going to be parked at, and if not by the pavilion like last time, how will we find where we are at?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Stretch, D.H., Oilcan, and I should be there Wed. to look it over. Probably going to be at the shelter though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called last night to confirm they have no flooding issues. The man on the phone said it has rained and it is a little muddy but no worries about it flooding there. Keep loading up, boys and girls!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool beans, doghead. Supposed to be nice, high 70s and low 80s whole time. If everything goes according to plan, should be there around 7-8 pm Wednesday night. What time do they shut the date to get in?

Also, is anyone bringing a torch with them to Haspin? The front frame horns on my jeep are kinda banged up, and need to be folded back to original shape/position. The local welding guy doesn't guarantee anything and wants a couple hundred $$$ to fix it. An oxy/acetylene will do, just enough to heat the metal to bang with a hammer back into shape.

drmeece

I've got a small set I can bring..I probably won't get there until Friday..Also I got my DLA letter thursday if all goes well I might be bringing my new Deuce

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, kip - but I think that's why they are screwed up to begin with!

drmeece - if you can bring it, much appreciated. Love to get everything straightened out so I can mount the bumper.

Matt1970M35A

Any one know if their will be power at the camp sit or should I bring the generator?
I plan on camping in my s280 shelter and would like to run the ac at night.
Thanks Matt

Matt1970M35A

The generator is quite. But I only need to run it 1/2 hour to cool the shelter down to 60.
And its well insulated so it will stay cool all night. Trust me I dont like to hear a generator run all night either.

Capt.Marion

Stretch44875 said:
...a torch. You have to unpack and repack it!
Be careful- that's probably against OSHA regulations, and will most likely void your health insurance!

One of these years I'll go crazy and come to one of these midwest rallies... right now I just have to go crazy and find something of mine here at home that ain't broke and fix it until it is!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's bad about packing a torch? It has the caps on it, and is secured in the deuce bed. Umm, there's no OSHA when your not on working for someone.

There is NO power. I will have a generator running, it's one of the new super quiet models. Like night and day compared to my old one. Should have at least 1500 watts spare power for cell phones, lights or fans. It will probably run an extra A/C unit.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks