• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Silent+Cordless 24v/10a Battery Charger

74M35A2

I’m in the process of purchasing full size solar panels for my house. I purchased one for feasibility study of mounting and connectivity. The panel is rated for 280W, and was less than $300. A single 12/24 battery charge controller is about $20. With a a single panel and charge controller, one would have a daily free 24v(28v)/10a battery charger/maintainer, that would work portable, nearly anywhere, daily.

I’m not really one for maintenance battery charging, but for anybody who has trucks parked in the back 9 with no outlets around, this could be a really good solution. One panel on a 45 degree kickstand, and you’ll have 10 amps @ 28v anytime the sun is out.

cwedge411

I’m in the process of purchasing full size solar panels for my house. I purchased one for feasibility study of mounting and connectivity. The panel is rated for 280W, and was less than $300. A single 12/24 battery charge controller is about $20. With a a single panel and charge controller, one would have a daily free 24v(28v)/10a battery charger/maintainer, that would work portable, nearly anywhere, daily.

I’m not really one for maintenance battery charging, but for anybody who has trucks parked in the back 9 with no outlets around, this could be a really good solution. One panel on a 45 degree kickstand, and you’ll have 10 amps @ 28v anytime the sun is out.
links or if not allowed...pm with part#s
thanks!

74M35A2

280W Mitsubishi panel:

https://www.mitsubishielectricsolar.com/images/uploads/documents/specs/MLE_280.pdf

https://www.thesolarbiz.com/mitsubishi-280-watt-mono-solar-panel.html

Example charge controller. Maybe go with something a little better quality. Use a 20A rated one, because the panel will make more than 280 watts in full direct sunlight, especially in cooler temps. The 280W rating is at like 80% of full capacity or whatever the standard test conditions are. So, at 28v, you will have over 10 amps.

Here is the panel in my living room:

6D42460D-5E4F-44D1-BAB9-08CDDD84EC5A.jpg47E1D65D-1A89-439B-B653-8ACAF321D70B.jpgA02B3914-3DB2-4A67-97DD-83FB2FF5740F.jpg

Chinese and Korean panels can be had for like $150 for 250W.

http://sepbatteries.com/sunedison-2...MIh422vNOw2AIVm7rACh2WVwDvEAQYAyABEgIoYfD_BwE

I don’t know how much 24v battery chargers are, but this is cordless and water-proof.

Last edited:

Mos68x

That’s exactly what I’m planning on doing with my truck sinc I’ll be over-landing with it. Of course I’ll have more than one panel though since it’ll also be powering the main RV batteries too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks