• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Silent+Cordless 24v/10a Battery Charger

74M35A2

I’m in the process of purchasing full size solar panels for my house. I purchased one for feasibility study of mounting and connectivity. The panel is rated for 280W, and was less than $300. A single 12/24 battery charge controller is about $20. With a a single panel and charge controller, one would have a daily free 24v(28v)/10a battery charger/maintainer, that would work portable, nearly anywhere, daily.

I’m not really one for maintenance battery charging, but for anybody who has trucks parked in the back 9 with no outlets around, this could be a really good solution. One panel on a 45 degree kickstand, and you’ll have 10 amps @ 28v anytime the sun is out.

cwedge411

I’m in the process of purchasing full size solar panels for my house. I purchased one for feasibility study of mounting and connectivity. The panel is rated for 280W, and was less than $300. A single 12/24 battery charge controller is about $20. With a a single panel and charge controller, one would have a daily free 24v(28v)/10a battery charger/maintainer, that would work portable, nearly anywhere, daily.

I’m not really one for maintenance battery charging, but for anybody who has trucks parked in the back 9 with no outlets around, this could be a really good solution. One panel on a 45 degree kickstand, and you’ll have 10 amps @ 28v anytime the sun is out.
links or if not allowed...pm with part#s
thanks!

74M35A2

280W Mitsubishi panel:

https://www.mitsubishielectricsolar.com/images/uploads/documents/specs/MLE_280.pdf

https://www.thesolarbiz.com/mitsubishi-280-watt-mono-solar-panel.html

Example charge controller. Maybe go with something a little better quality. Use a 20A rated one, because the panel will make more than 280 watts in full direct sunlight, especially in cooler temps. The 280W rating is at like 80% of full capacity or whatever the standard test conditions are. So, at 28v, you will have over 10 amps.

Here is the panel in my living room:

6D42460D-5E4F-44D1-BAB9-08CDDD84EC5A.jpg47E1D65D-1A89-439B-B653-8ACAF321D70B.jpgA02B3914-3DB2-4A67-97DD-83FB2FF5740F.jpg

Chinese and Korean panels can be had for like $150 for 250W.

http://sepbatteries.com/sunedison-2...MIh422vNOw2AIVm7rACh2WVwDvEAQYAyABEgIoYfD_BwE

I don’t know how much 24v battery chargers are, but this is cordless and water-proof.

Last edited:

Mos68x

That’s exactly what I’m planning on doing with my truck sinc I’ll be over-landing with it. Of course I’ll have more than one panel though since it’ll also be powering the main RV batteries too.