• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Singles complete on my Deuce.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed the lights as well. I just bought a NOS tank headlight to put on my M35A3 bumper. It has a low and high beam. I'd like to find a toggle switch for the dash for on/highbeam and off. Any ideas?

rmgill

I put the switches for my front floods on an angle bracket on the leftside of the dash right at the door under the dash. Easy to find at night. I also added another light just like it on the rear of the truck that way I can have a backup light that I activate manually at night for easy visibility when reversing.

dmetalmiki

The fronts look on orriginall track?...I "kicked" ALL mine (front and rear) out 4"..and fitted 1200x20s..less rpms..better cruise..turn circle AND apearence..(stance)!

jwaller

Re: RE: Singles complete on my Deuce.

dmetalmiki said:
The fronts look on orriginall track?...I "kicked" ALL mine (front and rear) out 4"..and fitted 1200x20s..less rpms..better cruise..turn circle AND apearence..(stance)!
where did you find the 12-20's? unless you want new they are impossible to find here.

rmgill

Yep, I have more 900x20's than I need. I think Joel or Clint were wanting a few but I think one of them was wanting them new which I don't have.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon

rmgill said:
Yep, I have more 900x20's than I need. I think Joel or Clint were wanting a few but I think one of them was wanting them new which I don't have.

... not, I....

mucekok

RE: Re: RE: Singles complete on my Deuce.

got a bunch of the 900x 20's laying around...some with near new tires...in texas, though...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I don't want, I need some 9:00 x 20's, but I do want new, or near new tires. Too much work to put anything less than 85% tread on a wheel.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Looking sharp Ryan! How's your top speed now? Did you find a ratio convertor for youe speedo?

rmgill

It'll do 61 according to the GPS but that's right at the edge of redline. I still need to get a ratio converter. I'm kind of curious if there's a different Winch/Speed/Gear data plate for the 1100s on the M35A2s.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, when are you looking for 9x20's? I have a complete spare set that I am upgrading to 12.5's. As I said before we will be in Atlanta in the spring; we could work a deal.

dmetalmiki

jwaller said:
dmetalmiki said:
where did you find the 12-20's? unless you want new they are impossible to find here.

dmetalmiki

From a lorry scrap yard..there were 7 of them NEW on AEC millitant combatt wheels.."gimme £60 quid for the lot" sez the guy..pointing to..(sit down please!).40 (YES FORTY!!) 9.50x16.5 goodyear & firestone military tyres..same pile!!"dunno what THEY fit" sez he!..I loaded my deuce and drove home giggling all the way!..and PROMTLY made adaptor plates to fit the millitant wheel. Cruise =60! MPG=15+ on "multifuel" free from local recovery sations...well U can C how it presents?..

rmgill

Bloody heck, I'd love some British Combat rims for my deuce. Easier to break down with an impact gun and a lever. No fiddling with the rim and a damn bloody duck bill hammer. And you can add runflat inserts/beadlocks easily.

dmetalmiki

a quick p.s. Brittish millitary tyres have higher side walls as a rule..and so my ride hieght is increased more than U.S. equivelants.