• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Singling out a m917 dump

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did the 16r21 military rims fit without any mods on the M919? I am trying to single the M920 which has the same wheels originally on the m919.
On the rear yes. On the front no. You have to grind the drums down.

You have to grind them down for even a steel 22.5in to fit. You can not make an aluminum 22.5 wheel fit however.

I've got some 16R21s in Memphis on wheels if you decide to go that route.

Kickin

I am concerned with the grinding of the hubs, since I am using this truck as a business. Don't want the legal eagles swooping down and nailing me if the 16r21 mod is hurting the safety factor of the truck.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am concerned with the grinding of the hubs, since I am using this truck as a business. Don't want the legal eagles swooping down and nailing me if the 16r21 mod is hurting the safety factor of the truck.
The drum has a inside lip on it that is raised above that of the rest of the drum. It doesn't hurt the integrity of the drum. The wheel will go on until it hits that lip then its prevented from going the rest of the way on.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks