• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Skidders new LDS Deuce

Capt.Marion

It's another Multifuel engine more commonly used in the bigger 5-ton trucks. It is based on the same engine as the LDTs in the Deuce, and is the same size, but has a different block, oil-cooled pistons, and different fuel delivery system that provides much more power. The size similarity makes it a relatively easy repower for the M35A2

BugEyeBear

It's another Multifuel engine more commonly used in the bigger 5-ton trucks. It is based on the same engine as the LDTs in the Deuce, and is the same size, but has a different block, oil-cooled pistons, and different fuel delivery system that provides much more power. The size similarity makes it a relatively easy repower for the M35A2
That's on MY LIST of potential repowers for if/when my stock multi-fuel engine goes to MV heaven....
Although I'm curious to see if Ian does any sort of engine swap or perhaps a multi-fuel power upgrade on Extreme 4X4...
I might have to rethink my list....

cruzinz28

LDS is what should have been in these trucks from the get go. After half a year driving the truck in its original form and then the other half as a bobber I still can't remember a time where I was lacking power.:-D

skidder

Thanks for the vidio west folk , the duce ran very well it is a far cry from my old 62 gas eng lol its only ben 25 years. but pulling daves duce i was surprised on the power it had on the hills in PA. an NY. I only nit 3 th once an only for a couple of min. Its a "keeper" WE named the duce " DREAM CATCHER" skidder

WarrenD

Congrats! Does the LDS add anything to the top speed? I understand that the LDTs are maxed at about 50mp. I wouldn't think so as the drivetrain and gearing would be the same, but you never know.