• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Skidders new LDS Deuce

Capt.Marion

It's another Multifuel engine more commonly used in the bigger 5-ton trucks. It is based on the same engine as the LDTs in the Deuce, and is the same size, but has a different block, oil-cooled pistons, and different fuel delivery system that provides much more power. The size similarity makes it a relatively easy repower for the M35A2

BugEyeBear

It's another Multifuel engine more commonly used in the bigger 5-ton trucks. It is based on the same engine as the LDTs in the Deuce, and is the same size, but has a different block, oil-cooled pistons, and different fuel delivery system that provides much more power. The size similarity makes it a relatively easy repower for the M35A2
That's on MY LIST of potential repowers for if/when my stock multi-fuel engine goes to MV heaven....
Although I'm curious to see if Ian does any sort of engine swap or perhaps a multi-fuel power upgrade on Extreme 4X4...
I might have to rethink my list....

cruzinz28

LDS is what should have been in these trucks from the get go. After half a year driving the truck in its original form and then the other half as a bobber I still can't remember a time where I was lacking power.:-D

skidder

Thanks for the vidio west folk , the duce ran very well it is a far cry from my old 62 gas eng lol its only ben 25 years. but pulling daves duce i was surprised on the power it had on the hills in PA. an NY. I only nit 3 th once an only for a couple of min. Its a "keeper" WE named the duce " DREAM CATCHER" skidder

WarrenD

Congrats! Does the LDS add anything to the top speed? I understand that the LDTs are maxed at about 50mp. I wouldn't think so as the drivetrain and gearing would be the same, but you never know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks