• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave cable source?

pmramsey

If you are making your own cables, go to a good welding supply store. Take a plug with you. The Nato plugs have large fittings. They also should be water proof. Each side of the plug needs proper fitting little "O" rings in the fittings. Also, the military grade cable has a jacket more than twice the thickness than the cable commonly found on welding cable so be careful, the welding cable is easliy nicked. The best fitting welding cable in the Nato plug is the 1/0. Larger welding cable does not fit the plug well, if at all. If you must use welding cable on the Nato plug, shorter is better but can be less than practical on occasion. The best bet is to be patient and purchase a proper mil-spec cable. One without caps and sometimes even a missing back is good. They should be cheaper. Just make sure the actual cable is free of nicks and other flaws. You can buy new replacement Nato plugs rather easily.

SmokeyDod

Gimpy, I see where you say $ 39.00 is too much for the adaptor for the 1-pin to 2-pin type. Okay, there where can anyone buy this adaptor cheaper (web site & cost) ???

shenkmen

Gimpy, I see where you say $ 39.00 is too much for the adaptor for the 1-pin to 2-pin type. Okay, there where can anyone buy this adaptor cheaper (web site & cost) ???
I picked up one yesterday for $15 at the MTA show in Jersey. Saw three different people selling them. All were asking $20 for them. The guy from Eastern Surplus said they have them for $20.

Thanks to all the help on this forum I ended up getting an excellent condition 20 footer from Deuceman51 on this site. He has 12 footers for $150 but I decided I'd rather have the longer but heavier 20 footer. He has those for
$175. I was concerned about condition, but it arrived in excellent condition. Exactly what I wanted at a price
I could afford. Thanks to everyone here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks