• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slow Cranking

ida34

The extra thickness is not for strikes. It is to raise the area around the panel so the panel us fully enclosed to keep out moisture. I also have to go out and scrape off snow and ice from time to time. Putting pressure on the panel can not be good for durability. I noticed the panel sparking from time to time when trying to get ice off it. Putting it under plexiglass would also provide a smoother surface making it easier to remove ice.

carguy455

How well do you all think one of those solar chargers would work if mounted INSIDE up against the windshield and removed during use ? Would the UV protection of the glass reduce the performance of the charger ? I had one of those cheap 12V lighter plug ones back over ten years ago in my Eldorado and it didnt seem to work for squat....

Any specs on just how well these newer 24V units actually work ?

Gary

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks