• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smart phone app

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow!! yet another anti smart phone comment! You guys would do better to catch up with the new
technology instead of running away from it.

Posted from my Galaxy S smart phone!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!
I'm not anti, and I'm not running from anything.

What I said is about etiquette and consideration for everyone else.

It's simply not acceptable to say, "my device has shortfalls, so do for me what I can't, because I am not going to use a computer"(that does everything needed). By all means, if your phone can do all you need, that's great. If it can't, that's not the members problem.

Last edited:

Welder Sam

up until recently, i dint even own a computer... that didnt stop any one from spewing these very same comments at me. let me clearify the previous sentence.... ALL I OWNED WAS A SMARTPHONE, ALL OF THE NET ACCESS I HAD WAS THRU MY SMARTPHONE.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When people post, "I'm on my phone, so I can not search or use the tms, and I need an answer now", but are not indeed in an "emergency" situation,I think that is annoying and rude.
I think there needs to be some level of "smart phone politically correctness", in that manner.
I feel that if your phone will not(or you don't know how to use it) provide the performance of a laptop or desktop computer, We do not need to offer "extra" help to you. Especially when you most likely own or have access to a computer, somewhere. Again, "emergencies" are understandable.
I'm not anti, and I'm not running from anything.
What I sad is about etiquette and consideration for everyone else.
It's simply not acceptable to say, "my device has shortfalls, so do for me what I can't, because I am not going to use a computer"(that does everything needed). By all means, if your phone can do all you need, that's great. If it can't, that's not the members problem.
This is all I have been trying to say, MR. DH has a lot better way for words then I do., Thank you MR. DH

dezert ratt

i have a droid, i use tapatalk. im on SS all day everyday, ive been downloading the tm's to my phone while im with family at christmas. i just bought my 1st mv, and having access to SS on my phone has been a huge huge help to me. you can use it as a tool or not, but thats my 2cents

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you capitalize with it too?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It counts so much, we made it a rule!

btw, that was in last months "premium member newsletter"...

3dAngus

I used to be a geek. Today, I'm a dinosaur, my schooling and skills vastly outdated.

I can say this though... I applaud all those who seek out and make the best use of advanced technologies.

Yet, a smart phone is only as smart as you in your help in programming it, or providing it with the right apps to assist you in your productivity.

If your smart phone isn't so smart, you need to get smarter. And if it isn't perfect for this site or any other, Fix it!

I think that is what the OP wants to do. Try to stay on subject. I don't have the answer, unfortunately, for the perfect solution. Perhaps the user who stated he might be able to make an app should be solicited on behalf on all the smartphone users.

littlebob

I would like to have a smart phone one day, but I stay about 5-6 years behind technology. its cheaper. I've just really been frustrated this holiday weekend with all of the misspelling I've seen. Is it because people are accessing the site from their phone? I have enough trouble trying to do a search with the computer and with the spelling I've seen, I can see people not finding answers. I hope you guys work out all the details so I can decide when to jump on the bandwagon and get one too!:beer:

3dAngus

I,m on my ñew kindle fire. I scan see how typo,s are going to be on the rise.
For instance, I can,t find the apostrophe.aua

Nonotagain

I just ordered an Iphone 4s
You will be very happy with your selection.

For all the naysayers about Apple being control freaks, complain all you want, but it all works together.

Using Tapatalk, the phone will autocorrect and predict what you are attempting to type, sometimes you won't get what you typed, but any mis-spellings will be highlighted.

Download iBooks for storing PDF files. All of my TM's are on my phone which I don't go anywhere without.

quickfarms

I got the Iphone activated yesterday. I took a lot of time to try to sync it. I ended up switching computers, reloading itunes and it worked fine, it backed up in a few minutes and loaded my 4 gigs of music quickly.

now I have a few questions.

When I go to steel soldiers in safari it says there is an app, so idownloaded tapatalk.

I have no problem viewing steel soldiers in safari but under what catyagory is steel soldiers listed on tapatalk. I tried to search for the name but there were no results.

additionally I loaded ibooks but how do i load pdf files onto the iphone

what gps navigation programs do you guys use.

I tried the maps that are preloaded and it worked but did not give verbal directions and I had to manually advance the screen.

I have downloaded map quest but have not used it.

I was looking at the garmin program wit the builtin maps because I like the nuvi my wife has

Does any one have a link for the army tm that has the music for the bugle calls?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what gps navigation programs do you guys use?
I have GPS Drive by MotionX. It's worked out pretty good every time I've tried it. It did take me on a more out of the way route once but other than that I've been happy with it. It's around $4.95 at the Itunes store.

A

A/C Cages

I have an iPhone, it does everything great except make phone calls without dropping the call every 5 minutes. But that is AT&T more then anything there.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an iPhone, it does everything great except make phone calls without dropping the call every 5 minutes. But that is AT&T more then anything there.

Don't feel bad. AT&T corporate headquarters used to be in San Antonio and we have the same issues with dropped calls. If it wasn't for the fact that my phone is on my wife's work account I'd be going with Verizon.