• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seatcovers in the M1009

Buckmaw

The passenger side Smittybilt GEAR Seat Cover came in yesterday.
I had a chance to get out there tonight and install stuff. I also ordered a Molly Vehicle Panel from
Supply Captain http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm? ... uct_ID=591
because its cool and I figured I would find a use for it.

Now I had that MVP to deal with. After looking around the truck for a suitable spot, I almost did not see the obvious... I mounted it to the spare tire which takes up a lot of space in the rear, so I figured I might as well put it to use.

And I also made a tire cover for the spare tire I mounted to my trailer. I used a arctic white alice pack cover and dyed it. Pounded in some grommets and snaps and it works...

Attachments

Last edited:

niferous

Are you guys ordering the universal ones or the ones made for the Jeeps? The reason I ask (again) is that someone before said universal but when I looked at that design it was different then what you guys have. It didn't have those strap and looked like it was made to go under a removable headrest.

Buckmaw

Are you guys ordering the universal ones or the ones made for the Jeeps? The reason I ask (again) is that someone before said universal but when I looked at that design it was different then what you guys have. It didn't have those strap and looked like it was made to go under a removable headrest.
These are the Universal Covers, however, the older Jeep seats are almost identical to the ones in the CUCV.

The only issue I have found is the bottom strap on the seat back is a inch or so too long. It leaves the bottom a hair loose, but its not a deal killer.

Here is the link again:
G.E.A.R. Seat Covers

Buckmaw

Apparently my wife did NOT order the Universal Fit model.

This is the part number of the covers in my 1009.

Smittybilt 5661031 GEAR O.D. Green Front Seat Cover (5661031)

I am very sorry for the mix up.

niferous

I thought so but I didn't want to point it out. The universal ones don't attach the same way and I actually think the jeep ones would fit better on out trucks.