• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SMOOOOKE!

Ugg013

Hello:

One other thing since I had an oil/filter and fuel filter change. I now have TONS of smoke (blue/gray) coming out the exhaust. It subsides just a little after start-up, but there's still more than before. There is also a very heavy diesel smell. If it were summer time, I'd be able to earn extra $$$$ working for mosquito abatement. :oops: I don't have a turbo. Could I just need a carb adjustment? If so, how?

TIA
Ugg 8)

rdixiemiller

No carb to adjust on a multifuel. You have an incurable case of "Non Turbo Smoke". If you want to eliminate the smoke, you will need to install the turbo kit. Contact CraneTruck (Bjorn). He converted his and can give you the low down.

mangus580

It probably wasnt the oil change that did it, so much as the fuel filter change. Your old filters were probably plugged enough that you werent getting all of your fuel. Now that your filters are new, you are getting more fuel to the pump, therefore more smoke out the pipe.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you change the air filter also? Could it be restricted and allowing the engine to run rich?

Ugg013

Ken:

Air filter? Air filter? I don't need no stinkin air filter! :oops: I knew I forgot something, the Frog needs one. :oops: By any chance would you happen to have a NAPA # for one?

Tanks
Ugg 8)

Towerguy1

NAPA FIL 2837 should do the trick. A word of caution, The air filter canister has no drain. Rain bounces off the fender and into the air intake. After awhile it fills up the canister enough that the filter "wicks" up the water and restricts airflow. After awhile the filter deteriorates enough the paper comes apart and can be sucked into the turbo. I had a close call myself with this one!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i saw a pic of a mod to fix that rain water problem someware, it involved putting a 90 elbow pointed up, a shout peice of tubing then the cap. i think it was cranetruck that posted a p.s. pic of this mod

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got the deep water fording kit. The air intake is above the windshield frame. If i get water in there, i'm some place i should'nt be!!!!!

Ugg013

Jed:

What do you suggest?

Ken:

I like that. :lol:

Guys:

Surprise, surprise, it looks like the Frog is a turbo. :oops: Of course I can't find any of it's paperwork as the wife rearranged things (again). :cry:

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks