• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snapped bolt head on coolant crossover - m1009

gnick

I was changing the gaskets on the coolant crossover today. I had 3 loosened up and when I tried to loosen the 4th, the head snapped right off. Now I have the pleasure of trying to extract it using easy outs/bolt extractors etc.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these bolts? I looked in the TM's and found some part no's but none of them were registering online or in any auto parts store.

man - i've certainly spent a lot of time repairing my own mistakes since I've had this truck.

cucvrus

It is just an M10 x 1.5 thread pitch metric bolt. they are used on lots of GM vehicles. not a hard item to find. i think you can get metric bolts at Home depot and Lowes. M10 x 1.5 pitch thread.

gnick

alright - i know exactly what I'm looking for then. It looked like a stretch bolt or something after i got it out. I'm thinking the P.O. put some random bolt in. i think I'll replace them all.

cucvrus

Not a bad idea. I have seen guys that put 3/8 bolts in and they are M10 X 1.5 metric bolts that are supposed to be used. I even seen 3/8" starter bolts used on the 6.2 and they were tight and the starter was working fine. I changed them but the fact they were there amazed me that they worked as good as they did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks