• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snapped bolt head on coolant crossover - m1009

gnick

I was changing the gaskets on the coolant crossover today. I had 3 loosened up and when I tried to loosen the 4th, the head snapped right off. Now I have the pleasure of trying to extract it using easy outs/bolt extractors etc.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these bolts? I looked in the TM's and found some part no's but none of them were registering online or in any auto parts store.

man - i've certainly spent a lot of time repairing my own mistakes since I've had this truck.

cucvrus

It is just an M10 x 1.5 thread pitch metric bolt. they are used on lots of GM vehicles. not a hard item to find. i think you can get metric bolts at Home depot and Lowes. M10 x 1.5 pitch thread.

gnick

alright - i know exactly what I'm looking for then. It looked like a stretch bolt or something after i got it out. I'm thinking the P.O. put some random bolt in. i think I'll replace them all.

cucvrus

Not a bad idea. I have seen guys that put 3/8 bolts in and they are M10 X 1.5 metric bolts that are supposed to be used. I even seen 3/8" starter bolts used on the 6.2 and they were tight and the starter was working fine. I changed them but the fact they were there amazed me that they worked as good as they did.