• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow Picture

beaubeau

Hey beastmaster, at least some of us are making money with our Trucks! I made another $200.00 on Sat moving a backhoe for a local contractor> I have a 20'000lb. Flatbed I use to haul Equip. locally.The Deuse is SLOW' but steady!!I gotta hook up the trl brakes though' Deuce brakes are not too Great for heavy loads. I still can't beleive this truck starts on it's own in this cold weather! I have amix of about 35% used oil and Diesel. Good luck, Phil

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Dave. A friend of mine has a Schramm air compressor that is actually a self propelled tractor with a 6 cylinder diesel engine that uses 3 cylinders to run on and 3 cylinders to make compressed air. I though what I saw in your pic looked like it, so I had to ask.

citizensoldier

RE: more pics

Nice shots guys... You live in Gods country I see.. I tried to take some pictures today and the camera froze! Would not even turn on or open the shutter.. Nice trucks too I like the bobber deuce.. Stock rims?

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copper center! Cool.
Or Brrrrr.... Cold.

I remember as a kid back in the early 70's, when dad was at Ft. Richardson, we used to van camp in the big gravel lot on the other side of the bridge the truckers used for over night parking. There was a logging road/trail that paralleled the Copper river going back into the trees. Each year more people showed up and the road went further back. Trading King salmon with the hippies for ram, deer, and elk meat.

Ah good times.
You are some lucky guys living up there.

Nice rigs too!
Thanx for the pix and the memories.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have four carosells of slides from the making of the Alaska Highway during WW II my uncle was an engineer on the project the views are just breathtaking. I know much of that is in Canada but I am still trying to find someone in Alaska that would like copies of them for historical purposes. Love your pictures take care and have fun in the cold.

offroaddiesel

david i would love to get some copies of the making of the alaskan highway. the history channel did a thing on it a while back.i saw most of it. i was out in the shop when it was on and one of the grandkids came running out al excited and told me my truck was on tv, i had a 41 wc,the kid got a good eye for trucks. iam no history buff and my info may not be accurate but some where in b.c.,where the highway went thru theres a place where theyleft lots of trucks after the highway was done. we are going to alaska ,hopefully within a year and i plan to go to bc and take hike and take pics. steve

SpruceDeuce

wow you guys sure live in what i think the best place on earth

i have been to alaska 4 times to fish for salmon and go out on charter boats for hallibut and ling cod

here is a picture of the two biggest halibut i have caught 89 and 90 lb.

Attachments