• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow plow recommendations

KVFC_241

If your just using it to do driveways and not plowing main roads i had great luck with an 8 1/2' Myer angle glyde plow off of an '06 Ford Duallie. I made a set of mounts using pieces of truck frame rail welded to the front bumper and angle iron goin back to the bumper bolts to tie it all together. Worked really nice. I'll see if i can find pics. Kirk

BEASTMASTER

check with you're hiway dept .they usually have old plows they don't use anymore and you could probably pick one up cheap.i'd go for a 10 footer wing blade.hey ,you can always pick it up and down with the winch. :driver:

Dodgeman1941

I've used my M-35 with a 9' plow in the parking lot of my wood business for a good half dozen years. We fabbed a the mount from a 80's Chevy pick up {the truck that the plow came off from}. We took the hyd cylinder/lift portion and bolted that to the bumper, bolted a big piece of angle and bolted that to the underside of the rad support {note make it long enough so the ends catch the frame rail so that you don't push the rad support up and break the rivits like I did.} Take two big pieces of plate in the shape of a triangle to tie the part bolted to the front bumper and the angle on the bottom of the rad support, and extends down to the pivot mount of the plow. I used a hydralic pump from Northern Hydrolics {their snow plow kit} and converted it to 24 v to run it all. It took a long Saturday to fab it up. I've used this system for 6 years now, building a snow pile bigger then the front of the truck. When we get a good blizzard I have to stop every once a awhile to clean the snow that went over the plow while pushing the snow up the pile, off the hood so I could see where I was going. The only problem I had, as mentioned above, I pushed the radiator support up and broke the rivits that hold it in. That had more to do with the fact we had a really wet heavy snow that I was trying to push up the side of the pile with just one end of the plow, and I twisted it hard. If interested, I can post some pics of the set up. I would now but they are in my other computer

Dodgeman1941

It is number 1073-2701, and now they go by Northern Tool at Northerntool.com. Understand that it is a 12v system. I ened up getting ahold of another Barnes-Haldex {the mfr} distributor to get the change over parts of a motor, ect. but I bought mine used. You may be able to get one 24 v from scratch because my parts cost $400+ and they {NT} list the price of the whole kit as $619.

yorkgulch2

Thanks Dodgeman
I will look into a 24v from scratch. Running 12v off one battery probably is not a good plan with such a high draw. Am also looking into an all hydraulic system using a system off an old Autocar dump/plow truck.

yorkgulch2

55Cameo
I did not know the 5 ton ps pump would bolt right on to a duece. I have not found a thread on that but that would probably work great. Might also be able to run some other small hydraulics off of it like a small winch (milemarker does that with smaller ps pumps.

Irv

Still have a plow for sale? I'm up near Seattle and have a M108 deuce crane truck. Any pictures I can see? thanks.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Well there is a way to reduce the weight of the plow on the front end of the truck.. You need to make a mount that hinges more in the mid of the tuck. This will distribute the weight from being mostly in the front to middle of the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks