• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snowplow

mangus580

you would have to modify the heck out of the grill guard to put it back on with a conventional plow setup like that.

I will try to get some pictures of my setup, in a few days.

ohfisherman

you basically have to cut the center section of the grill guard out as the pump gets in the way. you will also have to extend the wires for the nightvision lights in the bumbers if you want to keep them. i will try to take some better pics of the setup for you. as for mounting the bottom of the carriage, i put a used one on. just line up the holes on the front of the frame. i had to drill 2 new holes for mine. when the front is mounted you just put a floor jack under the bottom of the carriage and raise it to meet the frame on the truck. you might have to move it around a little but you must have it flush against the frame. drill through the frame using the existing holes in the mount if it is a used one. start with 1/4" bit, 1/2" next, and then a 5/8". on the passenger side you have to worry about hitting the fuel pump and lines. on the drivers side you have to worry about the brake lines. snug everything tight and then when you thinks its good, wrench on them again. my last truck i used nylock lock nuts. this time i used lock washers. sorry about the pics-- i work second shift and we have a week old son now as well as a 3 year old so things get a little hectic around here. i will work on pics tomorrow if i can. any specific shots let me know.

JohnFire

Its not worth the headache. The 'conventional' frames for the CUCV series are a dime a dozen....

The best price we have found for the plow mount setup for a 85 K30 pickup is about $500. The plow and mount we have had been donated by one of our junior members. This is just to plow two lots, one paved one gravel. so we are trying to put as little money into it as possible. That is our hope anyway ;)

CSeachranaiche

Nice pic. Just a question. Did you ever look at BOSS plows. We used them when I was up in the cold north of WI. They had quick connect and disconnect and I think they were only attached at the frame. They are called SmartHitch (link below). I know it is too late but just adding my 1cent. I think you will need alittle more snow then the skiff I saw on your truck to try it out. LOL

http://www.bossplow.com/smarthitch.html

ohfisherman

you can buy a meyers mount around here for 40.00 out of a junkyard. i get pumps for 50.00-75.00 out of junkyards. both of my trucks have the exact same setups. if one thing breaks i have spares already. i do have 4 pumps, 2 blades, and a bunch of other crap laying around. i just like the meyers i guess....

JohnFire

I'll have to take a ride sometime and look at the junkyards. The mount that had come with this plow was one of their ez classics where the hoops two tubes just slide into the two tubes in the mount and then you can hook it all up afterwards. I will take pics and post when we are done, last night we made the bottom supports that go back to the frame.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plenty of mounts show up on ebay.

JohnFire

6-7 hrs 375miles. I will let you know how the final mounting goes sunday. I will be at work tommorrow so no work will get done on it. I appreciate the help. Tough to get a fire company to spend money on something they got for free and hope to put very little into it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks