• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So after 6 years of saving up I bought a BRDM2...

kcimb

Looking forward to seeing more of your new prize! Could I request a couple shots of the inside where the rear 2 sit?
I can do that!

Based upon the scarcity of parts it appears I'm going to have to re-use and refurbish a lot of hard to find stuff. Seats will get re-made and fitted with new cushions. US made filters will have to be sourced as the russian ones are unavailable.

The engine takes plain ol' 10-30w oil. I bought 5 quarts of Rotella T. I imagine it uses a lot more. I need to find out where the oil drainage is first, however.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I second that Earl is a good guy. He has a BRDM himself, and has run a bunch through his place. He has contacts over there whence they came, that's why I suggested he would be a good one to talk to about parts, etc.

Cheers

Malyutkaman

Congrats on the purchase.......Love the pix. Yours looks in better condition than mine. You'll have loads of fun with it, especially when you take it to the McDonalds drive through. Earl Tucker is good to do business with, lots of knowledge and some parts (that's where I got my new set of wheels and tires for mine). Can't wait for the rest of the pix. Like I said earlier if you need any maintenance info I have several manuals for the rig (including overhaul).

kcimb

Congrats on the purchase.......Love the pix. Yours looks in better condition than mine. You'll have loads of fun with it, especially when you take it to the McDonalds drive through. Earl Tucker is good to do business with, lots of knowledge and some parts (that's where I got my new set of wheels and tires for mine). Can't wait for the rest of the pix. Like I said earlier if you need any maintenance info I have several manuals for the rig (including overhaul).
Its going off for an overhaul/restoration lAter this month. I leave for some active duty time in march for a few months and hopefully by the time I'm done it will be done also. I'll shoot you an email..

kcimb

Arrived home today. I'm happy to report it drove...but has a bad head gasket. Brakes work. It is still very trashed on the inside and needs to get blasted all over with sand and repainted.

Needs new batteries. I'm removing all the swim gear and radios soon. It's simply too hot to work on it and I need to sit back and pay some bills off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks