• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal desert trip anyone??

lunchbox005

re

um well for my truck its a C class but im not sure about Duces! i think you need a B ....PS i think a doctor wants to buy my truck he was drunk and said 50k! but idk if he sticks with it ill sure sell it for that!

ems4ty

Regardless of the vehicle registration status, the Deuce is a Commercial Class "B" minimum vehicle here in the lovely state of California. It's all because of the 3rd Axle to start, then the weight of the vehicle (GVW), and then the "Air over Hydraulic" brakes does classify as needing an "Air Brakes" Endorsement as well. It's all clearly shown in the Commercial Drivers Handbook of California.

It doesn't matter that the truck is registered as an Historic or Not. Still need a minimum of a Class "B". If you want to tow another deuce behind a deuce, then you'll need a Class "A" because the "Towed" vehicle weighs over 10,000 Lbs.

Gotta Love Cali...

BTW - Just because your supposed to have a Class "B" Minimum, that doesn't mean that a lot of Cali drivers have it. I along with BigMike are a couple that are in compliance.

Cheers! :beer:

fstfrdy

that is just another reason not to like cali, though az isnt much better( i personally hold a class a license, so its not a concern). that has got to be a real hassle for those who want to be in compliance. here as long as the duece will not be used for commercial use it is not registered as such. it is simply registered as a classic and the gvw is marked as "00000"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks