• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal desert trip anyone??

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ems4ty said:
Did you do the test in the Deuce like I did? :driver:
I absolutely took it in the duece. The person testing me drove them in the Army so he was delighted to get in one again.

During the driving portion, we spent the time talking about the restoration, driving it in parades etc. He was very cool and made me feel very at ease.

I can't tell you how good I feel to have that behind me.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several of us are meeting to convoy just north of the 10 fwy heading North on the 15 fwy. Our destination is the Stoddard Valley OHV area just south of Barstow, CA.

Thanks, I would like to join, I too am in the process of getting my class B license, I am unsure of using my duece for the test vehicle though. I was planning on going to the last event but will not make this one either. I will keep looking at this thread for future events. I am located near Pismo Beach, 2-1/2 hours northwest of Gorman/Frasier Park/Bakersfield. Hopefully I can get an event going somewhere on the coast at some point.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yello,

Try the thread Will Wagner started about the Tehachepi MV rally. It's closer to you.

hole

2 days left :driver: Went to costco last night and stocked up on the necessary supplies ( beer, peanuts and toiletpaper) so all thats left is sand and paint the jerry can brother Will gave me OD

area52

I realize most of you are coming from the south or west, but if someone is gonna be by Barstow before or after this event, can you PM me your phone# if you can go look at my truck on base for me? I just would like to get a list of things it needs fixed before I attempt to drive it home (maybe).

Hope everyone has a fun time. I love that area out there. [thumbzup]

ems4ty

Less than 24 Hours to go!!!! Starting to get the itch my fellow buddies. Got some food, plenty of wood, oh yeah, I picked up a 10x20 desert tan camo net too!!! I've got lots of ice (I have a 900# I machine at my office!) Will be getting the brew haha tomorrow and picking up the rest of the gear tonight! I'll check back again before I leave the office tomorrow. Planning on leaving around 1130 to meet up with BigMike and should be meeting Will and the others at around 1300-1330. Cya!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just gotta get ice and pick up the wee one....HA, wee one, he's freekin as big as I am! Gonna meet up with Hole and KE6KZE in Rancho at 1230, hook up with Tyler and Bigmike around 1330 at I15 and Sierra off/on ramp, then up the hill to pick up mendo069 and Tony, then last stop at 18 and I 15 to hook up with djfreema. Then off into the dirt for some needed R&R. Should be a great trip. mendo069 said the guy with the camper deuce is gonna come out too and the SCMVCC president will most likely show up too.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm pretty much ready to go, just gotta get a little more food and frosty beverages after I get off work. The wife has come down with either a severe case of morning sickness or she has the stomach flu and probably wont be coming so I am only going to be bringing the M1009 :cry: . Will, I looked at the map and I will be coming across on the 18 also known as Palmdale road. There are some fast food joints just east of the 15 on Palmdale road, we can hook up there. We'll just play phone tag as we get close. Being that I'm not bringing the duece, I dont have room for my full size BBQ. I'll check in one last time before leaving tomorrow.

ems4ty

Well folks, Made it back from Camp Dirtbag safe and sound. It was GREAT to see everyone again and I look forward to hopefully making it to the next trip at either Camp Dirtbag or Dirtbag 2nd Edition.... :D

Pics and Vid to come! Gotta finish unpacking and head home (At my office right now.) Soon as I figure out how to convert my HD 1080i Video to a more manageable file size I'll post it or a link to it. Talk to ya soon!!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres a few pics. It was a great time! Had a bit of bone chilling wind, but, guess that was good for dust control.

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
desert trip recap

Made it home safe and sound. Besides the wind, it was a great weekend full of fun driving, nice folks and GREAT FOOD!

Here a select few pics.

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: desert trip recap

Listing the drivers from the left:
Will Wagner, Frank, Tony, BigMike, Hole, Dave, Tyler.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial

I had a great time, Left a day earlier than planned due to sick kids and gale force winds that the wife did'nt want to be in. Next time its gonna be a guys trip for me. I brought a camera with me but didnt get one picture. I can really see my "male pattern baldness" setting in on the descending duece pic. Cant wait to do it again, hopefully before summer sets in.

hole

Had a great time ( except for wind ) It was great to see everyone again along with the new faces added to the crowd! Looking forward to the next trip. Until then heres a couple of pics I took

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks