• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal desert trip anyone??

lunchbox005

what happnes is that my truck is hard to turn right....but idk why,if its the wheel or not..so i have to get that looked at too....and it seems like something is holding the truck back...its slower then what it was...idk if its the mud or not.

hole

I've had alot of old 4wd trucks with drum brakes in front and mud/ sand were always causing problems. Without seeing your setup I'm not sure what to reccomend for the hard steering. Never seen the front end assembly on a I.H.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hole said:
Lunchbox, Will Wagner is the keeper of knowledge, I'm sure he will be chiming in as soon as he gets home from work . Hope you'll be able to come on the trip, it's a blast!
Sorry guys, work has he swamped. I am FAR from a keeper of knowledge...ask my kids!For those of us comming from SGV or south, How about the Sierra exit like hole suggested? I SHOULD be there by 1300-1330. Tyler and bigmike have my number. Devin, is Gary gonna drive down w/ you? Lunchbox, You are way north. Is your truck ready for the trip? You mentioned a noise from the front.

lunchbox005

yea i think it just might be sand/mud stuck in the front...but im gona take off the tire(hopefully) clean it up and test her if shes ready to go...but if shes not ready then i wont make it...also im gona bring cans of brake cleaner....cuz i read somewhere that they wished they took more cans of it so lol im gona take there edvice and take some with me lol. but tomorrow ill give you guys more info....yea im up north but ill go thew BORON the borox plant and meet up with you guys ant the point of meet.... witch is a 2 1/2 hours drive... hopefully my dad will go with and drive.

mendo069

lunchbox.... best route for u from bakersfield... 99, 58, 15 south to stoddard wells/ bell mountain exit......only hill you would have would be on the 58 thru the tehachippis... everything else will be level ground....mendo

lunchbox005

yea ive been to boron (exit before Bell moutain exit) a few times i have a friend who lives there...but im just worried about going up the moutain...cuz like i said never drove up hill before....and is someone else gona take that same route with me???? cuz someone mentioned earlyer if another guy was going with me.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just got in from a weekend trip out in the desert, it was beautiful! I havent heard from Gary, I'll send him a PM. Lunchbox, your more than welcome to come along with me but it might be out of your way coming down the 5 to Santa Clarita then back up the 14 versus shooting straight across the 58. I dont see a problem bringing airsofts as long as there arent rangers drivnig around who might mistake it as a real gun. This weekend in the desert Kern County had a large amount of deputies patrolling the area and a helicoptor which I have never seen before, but then again I am usually working on the holiday weekends so I get to avoid the crowds when I camp.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just took the deuce on a 60 mile trip. I drove up to March AFB for a Dogs of war memorial. She ran great. We're ready for the desert.

lunchbox005

hmmm...well i would rather drive with somone else maybe drive up to your hometown? about an hour before you you leave...then i could rest a lil then we both shoot up the way you know. sound good?

ems4ty

Alrighty, Just chiming in here... Still ready to go for the 29th. I'll be leaving sometime around 12:00. I figure I should be at the meeting point with Will around 1300 - 1330. I be bringing one of my employees with me, he kinda excited about it. Anyone know if mhb285 or the other fellow in my neck of the woods is coming??? I thought mhb285 chimed in earlier in this post but can't find it now...

Anyways, Chat with you again soon! Countdown to Camp Dirtbag - T-Minus 11 Days... :)

Oh Yeah, BTW, Been having a few problems with the duece recently. I just found that my carb. has a broken air/fuel screw... Got a new carb on order with Saturn and should have by the end of the week. Still having issues with loosing coolant, but I just need to bring several gallons of water/antifreeze and I'll be fine. Also got a new set of points showing up tomorrow, so hopefully she'll run a bit better. CYA!

hole

Cant wait til the 29th. still trying to round up fire wood. Anyone else have some to bring? Looks like we've got a few more than last trip so that should stir up the locals [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks