• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal desert trip anyone??

Linda

Hi guys! Your proposed trip sounds great. We live in Ridgecrest, CA (three hours north of LA) in the high desert. There are a lot of dirt roads right outside our door, and we would really like for you to come up and see us sometime. Approximately 3 miles east of us is BLM's Spangler Hills off highway vehicle area with over 57,000 acres of open public land is available where you can ride anywhere your skill and machine can take you. Sound great doesn't it! As an added bonus to a trip up to see us, we are into the Live Steam hobby (trains). We have 5,000 feet of 7 1/2 inch gage railroad track on our four acres. This March 28-30 we will have our annual Spring Meet (usually 15-20 locomotives are running). These trains are large enough to ride upon. We also have a pot luck dinner which you are certainly invited to (that way you can brag about your Deuce to all those railroad buffs as I do!). You can visit our website at www1.iwvisp.com/lpruitt to check us out. Hope to see you sometime. If not in March we have a Fall Meet the last weekend of September. Linda

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HUMMM, that sounds interesting! Dove Springs, Trona, Spangler, Cuddyback, Cal City, Site B, all are close to each other. All are good spots. Has a weekend been set yet? I checked on both the 1st and 15th of Mar., both will work here. I am low on the firewood thing. I will be able to get construction tailing....2x4s, 4x4s and the such, anyone got wood.....Hee Hee, he said wood!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya know, I was out at Dove Springs a few weeks ago. There aren't too many trails on that side that will accomodate our trucks. If you have a M/C you're good. Red Rock is supposed to be a good 4x4 place, but, I have not seen the trails.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
How about either the weekend of the 1st and 2nd or the 8th and 9th. I have to work on the wife to get another weekend pass for March Madness in Vegas on the 22nd and 23rd (pushing my luck). I have a little wood but could scrounge up some more. I've gone to Redrock once with a group of people with dune buggies and it was fun, some good trails with pucker factor, dont think I'd try them in a duece though. Linda, I might have to take you up on coming out for your spring meet, 2 of my favorite things are big trucks and trains, sounds like fun.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, is the weekend of the 1st the go day? Don't think i'll have the airshift in, too much crap goin' on this month, but i'll still go out and partake of peace and quiet! Where are we headed?

ems4ty

What's up fellas??? Well, as it sites right now, I'm open for any weekend in March. Just let us know what seems to be the best for everyone. Will need to double check with the wife. March looks like a good month. Baby is due the first week of June!!! Anyways, will keep my eyes on this posting and will check back again when I have some more time. L8R!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was begining to think nobody wanted to go, how about the first weekend in March (1st and 2nd). Head out Friday the 29th. Im open for locations, Cal City, Red Rock or wherever you went last time. Will, there is plenty of time to get your truck ready, tell me a day and I'll come down and give you a hand.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's get this headcount going.

I'm in for ANY weekend in March. I'm in for Lacerne as well. Come on guys!!! Let's get this going!!!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the calender. 1 weekend left before the 1st to get the t-case in. Even if it doesn't get in, i'm still gonna go. Tyler, Hole, Polverone, ready?

I'm a go for first or second weekend in March.
I'd kinda like to see them trains that Linda was talking about as a side trip.
If we were to congregate early enough on Saturday there is a nother great side trip that would be fun to indulge in. A trip to the U.S. Naval Museum of Armament & Technology at China Lake Naval Weapons Center in Ridgecrest.
I wonder if they would allow us to drive the Deuces onto the base to attend?

Here: http://www.chinalakemuseum.org/clmf/

Devin,
You drove your deuce onto the Port Hueneme base which is a sister to the China Lake site.
Any quirks in doing so?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just found out I'm gonna be tied up March 6-8 so I just need to make sure it's not these dates.

Where are we regarding this trip????

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Come on Jerry, Dont you feel the flu coming on (cough, cough, squirt). Gary, Did not have any problems getting my duece on the base, I think I made 4 trips with it there, just make sure you have your current registration, insurance and I.D.. The first weekend in March would be Friday Febuary 29th, Saturday March 1st, Sunday March 2nd. Looks like Me, Gary, Will, Mike, Tyler and Hole are in for sure. I'll work on Jerry (victorious1) to get it off or be sick. Now I just have to figure out how to get the duece, blazer and motorhome there with 1 driver. Im thinking of putting the blazer in the back then flat towing the motorhome with the duece. :driver:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jerry, Your typing looks like you are comming down with a bug of some sort that will hit you...oh, ida know...the last day of Feb!

BEASTMASTER

man you guys are lucky . i don't know of any place out here that you can off road. i can run around the gravel pit at work, but you can't really put the buggie through it's paces.u know what i mean. :driver:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok, I spoke to Will and we think the best place to go would be Stoddard Wells. I dont know where exactly, I'll leave that up to Will. It will be about the same drive for all of us to get there whether from Thousand Oaks, Temecula or Orange County. I just got back from driving the duece and noticed a rather large piddle of gear oil under the truck, (trans or tranfer case), so I might just be bringing the blazer depending on what the problem is, too dark to check now an my play time pass has expired with the boss. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks