• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal desert trip anyone??

ems4ty

I'm totally in!!!! Stoddard Wells was fantastic last time! Great coverage with the hills, no major wind pounding on us. Will definantly need to bring some more cans of Brake Cleaner though!!!! HAHAHAHahahah.... Anyways, Saw will at Fontana yesterday. That was a great surprise. Sorry if I was a bit out of it. Still sick and had a pounding headache out there. I just got the rear axle tires replaced with the one I picked up from Fontana. I have the Front Rear axle left to do this week. Those 11.00x20's look awesome! A way better fit for the truck. Though I hope that I can still obtain 50MPH on the highway. Seems like I'll have a little more drag on the truck and this motor just can't handle that. Looks like I'll be one of the slowest in the pack on the way out there.

Are we going to be meeting up at the same location like last time Will? Or are we still undecided on the location? Hopefully, I won't have any mechanical problems that will delay my ride a few hours like last time.

Cya Fellas!!!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, a convoy is only as fast as it's slowest vehicle. :driver: We will hang with ya. Besides, when the 105 is full of wood and fuel, i'm kinda slow up the hills too! Dunno obout the location, djfreema and I have been chatting. I fired off a map of where we went last time. Give him a bit and see what he thinks, it's his parade this time. There seems to be something about a hill. It's there in front of you, and it makes you WANT to go up it fast :grd:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Will, the pics of last trip look great, looks like a perfect spot. My wife offered to drive the motorhome so I can take the duece (as long as nobody minds wives). As far as convoys go, I'll probably shoot up the 14 across Pearblossom highway and meet you guys at the 15 in Victorville. Going down the 210 to Fontana is way out of the way for me. Tyler, are you singling out your truck or putting all 10 tires on? Those were nice tires, I'm sure it will look great.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, Stroddard Valley, Friday the 29th of Feb. I can do that! When can youse guys leave? I figure I can p/u Jake at around 1200 and head out. That should put me at the 210/15 at around 1300-1330. It's gettin' dark later too, so we could be there by 1530 at the latest. Plenty o time to pitch a tent and get things situated.

mendo069

add two more trucks to that trip!!!!!!! tony and i will be there !! this time without the red honda civic requiring camo, and arguing with towing service...

mendo069

will, maybe you can arrange for a stop at the truck stop at 15 and 395... can top off fuel, get ice, wendys?? that way those of us can roll into stoddard wells with the rest of you guys...???

lunchbox005

DANG im all motivated by all of you guys lol and im a newbie here.....i myslef have a 1958 international but my gas gage is not pluged in right...and im low on money right now to have it looked at but i do have a dipstick that shows how much i have left LOL...oh dose anyone here know how i can make the tank thats in the back of my truck wokr??? theres a lever under the drivers seat but i dont know how to use it....but the trip sounds awsome!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will,

I'll need the exact location @ the 210/15 so I can meet there at 1300/1330 hrs as well.

hole

Mike, last time we met at the Arco gas station on Sierra exit a few miles north of 210 on the 15 Mendo, are you talking about the "Little Sisters" truck stop that fronts the15? Cant wait to see everyone again, hopefully this warm weather will stick around til the trip

hole

Lunchbox, Will Wagner is the keeper of knowledge, I'm sure he will be chiming in as soon as he gets home from work . Hope you'll be able to come on the trip, it's a blast!

hole

Brother Will, random question; do you have any (diabolical or otherwise) use for fire extinqusers that are full but a few years out of code? :twisted:

hole

Lunchbox, not sure ultimatly we are going to the outskirts of Victorville so you might be able to figure how many miles you are from your location.

hole

If you are able to make it there's alot of us to help you with hills and mountains. Just be sure your trucks in good shape for the drive on the highway to make it to camp dirtbag :wink: To my knowledge you will be traveling alone to and from camp on the highway so your trucks condition is important!

lunchbox005

its in a great condition...just i think i need front a frong left brake...its making a grinding noice...but i think it just needs grease in the ball joint..cuz ive been mudding alot and i think it kinda got dry lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks