• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal desert trip anyone??

ems4ty

I have one small pickup truck bed load of fire wood already and will hopefully have one more by the time I leave for the trip. One of my employees wants to go, so I'll be bringing another person with me. BTW-I got a case of brakeleen today Will, hehehe..... Anyways, I'll keep watching this thread until D-Day at Camp Dirtbag!

Cheers!

lunchbox005

hey dose anyone know who will work on my truck...most places wont even look at my brakes because the tires are POP OFFS...so thats why they said they wont look at it....anyone have anything i can do about it?

ems4ty

What do you mean by POP OFFS??? Are you saying they are Split Ring or Split Rims??? Brakes should be fairly simple to handle by yourself. . .

lunchbox005

yea but i cant jack the truck up high enought to get the tire up! and sence the axle is on the oppisite side the other tire lifts up...so im kinda in a pickle here :( plus the rain isnt helping me either.

Oh Man!!! Yeah, I'm alive. :roll:

I just got back from a 2 week vacation from Seattle - Portland. I even went through Washougal to see the town where one of our members lives - (forget his name at the moment). I had no internet while I was gone so I have been out of the loop.
Devin, Just read your PM and shot you one back.

I will try and see if I can make it. Would love to caravan with Devin but I may be pouring concrete that weekend here at the new house. I finally got a contractor to do the work and he kicked some Heine while I was away and getting very close.
At the very least I would love to shoot out for a Sat night for campfire and camaraderie session.

Will, would you have your cell with you and is there cell service there? I know, ya can't hear it ring while driving with earmuff's on. :lol:

I'll see what I can do. I would hate to miss all of this.

ems4ty

Huh, I'd have to see it. I can't believe that there isn't a way to jack up the truck properly to get the tire off the ground. Could be that your trying to jack up the truck in the wrong area where your lifiting the frame and not the axle. Bakersfield is a pretty far distance for me to come by and take a gander at it...

Polverone, Glad to hear that your back in one piece. Cell phone coverage is sparce at Camp Dirtbag. At least with T-Mobile. At camp, you have to walk up (Or climb up with the Deuce) to the top of the hill to get coverage and make a call.

Hope you can make it out there!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the cel service. Lunchbox, PM me.
"and sence the axle is on the oppisite side the other tire lifts up...so im kinda in a pickle here"
Lunchbox, PM me. I don't understand how you can't get the tire off the ground.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
T-minus 5 days and counting rofl

Camp dirt bag here we come!!!

Does anyone have an official truck count?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Woo Hoo! Im working in the rain today to get the duece ready. I am driving my duece and towing my M1009 with the wife driving the motorhome. My buddy is bringing his F350 (he's a future duece owner), so technically thats 4 cars with me. Anybody bringing dogs? My buddy is bringing his 2 and they get along well with other dogs. I will also be bringing my BBQ and some Carne Asada.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing the duece and a palcon in the back for all my stuff. No M105 this time...i've got too much crap stored inside it.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bigmike said:
T-minus 5 days and counting rofl

Camp dirt bag here we come!!!

Does anyone have an official truck count?
Debating on bringing the 105. If I don't, it just means I gotta unload things b-4 hitting the trails. I think around 9 to 10 green boat anchors, 8 or so deuces, a CUCV and possibly an M37 ambulance...I forget the M number :oops:. Weather looks like it should be good, 65 daytime and low to mid 30s at night.

ems4ty

I'll be there with my M35 hell or high water... I've also got one of my employees who's coming with me for sure. He may be driving his dodge dakota pickup. I've also got 2 pickup truck loads of lumber to burn. Lot's of nails in the wood, so I'll bring our shop magnet just in case. Hopefully, I'll remember to bring some food this time... See Ya!

lunchbox005

gay!

badnews :( i lifted up my truck and my tire dangles a little bit...so i know its the the brakes...i think its the bearing* SIGH* so idk if im gona make it....plus i cant get the tire off because the nuts are too tight...im gona have to take it to a shop to break them loose enought for me to come home and work on it myself....and something else i didnt notice is that one of my tires was on 4x4 and the other was on 4x2...so i think thats why the front tire is messed up...cuz it was on lock. hopefully i can get someone to help me work on it....and i was lookin so foward for this trip.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: gay!

Sorry to hear that lunchbox but it's better safe than sorry. We do this several times so i'm sure you'll be able to attend another time.

Tyler,
I'll wait to see if you remember food :D

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: gay!

Put the offending tire back on the ground. Loosen the lugs that way. You could possibly have left and right hand lugs.

Floyd

Yeah! 4 days and still no EUC. It's been over a month now. Life in the big city, or little village, what ever. I WILL make the next trip with my M36 yet, so help me. You guys have a good time. Tyler, don't forget that food. :p

Later Floyd

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just passed my Class B CDL today. I'm legal as well...I'd go anyway...but still, I'M LEGAL :beer:

ems4ty

Good Job Mike!!! Now you can drive without worrying about the LEO chasing you down, hehehe.... It's not too terribly difficult. Did you do the test in the Deuce like I did? :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks