• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Deuce and Dogs 4th of july mountain run

deuceaid

Banned
As Bill aka Badcarp suggested, I am making a posting for the deuce and dogs run.. this started a few years ago, taking friends from my church in the back of the deuce,, up into the local mountains to eat hot dogs and watch the firework shows of the inland empire.. Along the way we`ve met other friends/ patriots along the trail...offroaders etc.. so here is the delema

this is a limited event...... small trucks ( m35 and smaller) and small numbers of vehicles -- 5 or so at best ,,,, or change the venue and go for one good fireworks show with roomy trails and ok parking..

this would involve a convoy into the San Bernardino mountains at low or high speeds ( 3 to 35 mph haha!)... currently we try to go to Morton peak fire lookout, but the gate is closed some times, so we venture over to the smaller ridge top of the heli pad( vista lookout)....

From either vantage point the haze cuts down on the view,,, so I was thinking of going to holcomb valley area and finding a good over look of the Big Bear lake fireworks show... basically this means a long drive up the mountain,,---the show----and a long drive back down.

Please give comments and suggestions/ ideas........DA

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sounds like so much fun, and sadly I can't go. Well I could go, but I supposed to be taking care of the wife who will have just had surgery, so I think she''d be pissed if I took off to play in the truck.

Might be a good idea to just rent the lookout for the night, then you are sure to get in as they give you the keys! Morton Peak Lookout unique getaway

deuceaid

Banned
Bill, you just let the cat out of the bag... well I hope someone rents it (that we know), I havent called yet,, but the last few years its been taken ( the first 2 by a friend of a friend so we made it up the hill to the lookout).....

Bill , I couldnt make it 2 years ago (messed up foot), but my friends made sure it happened.(went on with out me).....so Your wife will understand (ha ha),,, blame me, I will deny it...IG Don it would be a fun get together... its gotta cost less than fueling you boat...drive on out here:driver: :twisted:

deuceaid

Banned
Fastnova...... if we get the morton peak lookout... it might be possible........if not.....and we go for the vista point no... I almost hang a tire over the hillside with a m35...............or if we find something better in big bear who knows... I do have some other ideas, but the locations are not as cool as morton or vista.

Barneyszoo

Well thank you sir, that was an amazing turn out... gotta say it got alittle hard to see (if you know what I mean) when I turned and looked down the street and saw all the people, flags, firetrucks, what a GOOD feeling. Would like to bring the 813 to D&D but I hear the roads are to small so I may have to drive the bobber.

Well thank you sir, that was an amazing turn out... gotta say it got alittle hard to see (if you know what I mean) when I turned and looked down the street and saw all the people, flags, firetrucks, what a GOOD feeling. Would like to bring the 813 to D&D but I hear the roads are to small so I may have to drive the bobber.
I know wacha mean! There was something in the air that set my allergies off! My eyes were burnin and waterin to beat the band!
I'd like to see that bobber! I plan to bob mine as soon as the opportunity presents it's self. And by opportunity I mean someone with the room, the tools, the willingness to let me do my truck there and it's not too far away. :whistle:
It was a great turnout and it was a privelege to be part of it! I also met another deuce owner who just joined SS and will be inroducing himself soon.
:driver:

deuceaid

Banned
hey Phil Sadie says bark bark...... I had a long day at work and could only stop to see the upside down zombie trailer,, thanks guys for showing up......and i hear that whistle,,,and maybe even a forklift and plasma torch... oh god did I say bob:evil:.... well it looks like the morton peak is taken.....so the question is.......Big Bear gentlemen?....it makes for a long night...and longer convoy.....

hey Phil Sadie says bark bark...... I had a long day at work and could only stop to see the upside down zombie trailer,, thanks guys for showing up......and i hear that whistle,,,and maybe even a forklift and plasma torch... oh god did I say bob:evil:.... well it looks like the morton peak is taken.....so the question is.......Big Bear gentlemen?....it makes for a long night...and longer convoy.....
Well jeez DA, was that an offer? Between the forklift and the plasma cutter, I could knock it outta the park in fairly short order. (not going for pretty yet) That just might make it a little too easy! I've done the research on the procedure, and I've crawled over my truck with a tape measure enough times to be able to run through it by the numbers. Hundy told me not to scrap out my stock bed so he might wanna take it off my hands. Perhaps I could trade him the bed for the hardware I need to put the whole mess back together and that second fuel tank I wanna hang on the left side, perhaps a couple windshields, and who knows maybe even whatever parts I might need for my brakes.
:whistle:

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fastnova...... if we get the morton peak lookout... it might be possible........if not.....and we go for the vista point no... I almost hang a tire over the hillside with a m35...............or if we find something better in big bear who knows... I do have some other ideas, but the locations are not as cool as morton or vista.

I'll be waiting, fingers crossed.

deuceaid

Banned
ZH and BZ..please defer to pm`s at this point.....I will save my jokes and comments for after the convoy..... ZH, your welcome to join scouting trip.......Nova......Will keep 813s in mind ( yes this means phil and and you)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks