• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Deuce and Dogs 4th of july mountain run

BLK HMMWV

Have a safe trip guys.
You won't be able to see my puny little show from your mountain perch but, The first few shells of the Monrovia show will be in your honor.
Happy Independence day to all my So-Cal brothers and sisters.
BH

deuceaid

Banned
aside from everything going wrong today,, i didnt meet up with mat to clean out the deuce etc.... and on top of that the boss man sounds like he wants to ride with us,,, and also 2 "real dogs" ie woof woof bark bark,, are going along with us...

FN...since you are the only other convoy member,,, would you be willing to pick up ZH and short cut the convoy ( not go to mentone..... and instead go to yucaipa stater bros on 4th street...and yucaipa blvd ?)... Thanks Dan the fast nova Man... you will be getting a call by me---- or feel free to call me in the early am,,, 7 am or so.....:driver:

deuceaid

Banned
OK the convoy is leaving the Stater Bros parking lot in Yucaipa .... it is on Yucaipa blvd between 4th st and 5 th st we will meet up at 4:00 pm,,,, and we do have a spot reserved at morton peak!!!

two.fiveM35

Hope someone one brought a camera. Have a safe trip. I used to live in SoCal and would love to drive the deuce in the mountains. Houston is so flat and no fun.

deuceaid

Banned
Well we made it, another successful deuce and dogs run :beer:..........We were in the parking lot when another m35 ( Matt Armytruck 63) joined us...... When we got to the gate going to morton peak, it was closed :shock:, so we went ahead thru the tight spots and Fast nova fit thru the curves......,,,,,,, so 2 m35s and the 5 ton.

We will posting pictures latter.....also next year there is talk of joining a 4th of july parade in Highland and then making the convoy into the mountains...goodnight ,,,,,, DA

Last edited:

armytruck63

Here are some cell phone photos I took before my battery died. This was a fun trip! I was really impressed with Fastnova's 900-series 5-ton. My deuce ran great for the whole trip, almost like she was looking forward to the outing. I literally found out about the trip about an hour before departure. Thanks to Jason (deuceaid) for arranging this trip!

Attachments

Last edited:
It was indeed a great trip and an awsome day! Got to hang out with cool people and watch a little bit of fireworks from a mountain top. Thanks to FASTNOVA for letting the wife and I roll up with him in his M925 5-ton. That is one awsome truck and it not only handled the little mountain trail, that truck OWNED the trail! Also, thanks to armytruck63 for the ride back from the trailhead, so FASTNOVA could make his drive back to L.A. from there. It was so cool to watch the two deuces in front of us and hear them un-muffled loud and proud! Thanks again to deuceaid, his buddy Matt, armytruck63, and FASTNOVA for bringing thier trucks out and making it a day to remember!
:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
I have to agree with ZH ,( FN , aka Fast nova), owned the trail...... he made it in the tight spots that I was worried about ( that bstrd has------ power steering, an auto tranny,,a hydro winch, pixie dust and air conditioning) ----joke... pixie dust and ac are standard equipment..:-o!!!

Just a few photos,,, more to come...........

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks