• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I cleaned the IP valve on the fuel return line...

acmunro

IP problems

Is it a consensus that it is the pump that is going bad? I removed the hose that connected the valve to the hard lines coming from the injectors and it looked clean. :confused:[/QUOTE said:
The pump is going bad. Fuel exits the injector pump and shares the common return line with the injectors to get fuel back to the tank. I had a truck the IP was going out on that I need to run. I installed a brass nipple where the IP check valve was and installed a clear fuel filter to catch the debris (to keep debris out of the fuel tank) The truck will run but the timing will be erratic. I would not do it long term but it will work in a pinch. An alternative to the brass nipple would be punching out the glass ball and using the filter. Just my .02. Good Luck

CUCV85

rebuild your IP replace return line valve

ok so my 1009 has no valve at all. is this bad, is this why the truck smokes and is lacking power??

2centsIt's an indication that someone knocked out the ball in there due to IP internals failing and clogging it up. Your pump may have been changed out since that modification. If your lucky though. More than likely your problem still exists as many have been told that the single most important thing to do is have that Injection pump rebuilt. It's time consuming removing the pump and can be costly 150-400.00 to have rebuilt. You can buy take off used pumps but they are a crap shoot. They are eventually in need of rebuilding as well. Once you get a injection pump rebuilt chances are you will never have to again as long as you have the vehicle. My injection pump was very scoured and had to have the advance piston in the bottom replaced. It ran me 490.00 to have rebuilt and now is a screamer. I am very happy with the results and you will be too. When you change your pump be it take off or a rebuild it's like a totally different truck believe me. Seen many rigs tired and failing miserably and bam you change the pump bingo LIFE again!
You should replace that return valve with a used or new one. Takes the prime away causing issues having no glass ball in there. Change your fuel filter is a good step to take as well. V/r J W SFC US ARMY

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks