• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I cleaned the IP valve on the fuel return line...

beanman1

ok thanks for the pics i did take off the right part but have cfome to the conclusion because there is no glass ball in mine i guess that is my problem with my hard to start problem with the nose up but with the nose down starts up fine

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts number is GM 14067420 or 23183.

I have never checked but you should be able to get them from any Stanadyne parts house. I doubt you will find it at NAPA

beanman1

well i went to the chevrolet dealer today to get a new check valve and i was told that it was a discontinued item and no longer available through gm i am in need of one real bad is there any member out there that has one for sale

Midnight Rider

OK, I'm a little confused here. Is the glass ball in the bottom of the piece on the right in the attached picture or is it in the piece on the left?

The piece on the right is clean straight through. Nothing in mine.

The piece on the left has a valve I can push on and it will open up allowing carb cleaner through, but there isn't a clear glass ball anywhere in it. I tried taking a picture of the top and bottom of it, but it didn't turn out very well. The piece that I can move upward is more like white plastic.

So am I missing the glass ball? aua This is giving me a headache.

Attachments

b4thundr

The pump shop where i took my pump to said that the drive ring that is breaking down will eventually break the pop rivets and the motor will run away. im gonna try to post pick of this when i get it back.

b4thundr

OK, I'm a little confused here. Is the glass ball in the bottom of the piece on the right in the attached picture or is it in the piece on the left?

The piece on the right is clean straight through. Nothing in mine.

The piece on the left has a valve I can push on and it will open up allowing carb cleaner through, but there isn't a clear glass ball anywhere in it. I tried taking a picture of the top and bottom of it, but it didn't turn out very well. The piece that I can move upward is more like white plastic.

So am I missing the glass ball? aua This is giving me a headache.
is it possible that your is not a virgin? someone has been there before you?

Midnight Rider

is it possible that your is not a virgin? someone has been there before you?
I'm at least the second owner. I actually bought it from a guy on here and he said he had bought it from the army base.

So if the glass ball is supposed to be in the piece on the right; and all the gunk I keep cleaning out is in the piece on the left, then does that mean the IP is getting ready to go? Last night would be the 4th time I've had to clean it out. It's been about a month in between the 2nd and 3rd time I had to clean it.

It's ran fine today to work, we'll see what happens when I try to go home again tonight.

I believe I saw that someone had posted that you can't get the return fuel valve from Chevy anymore, but you could get it somewhere else. Perhaps I'll try to buy a new one.

CUCV85

gm 14067420 or 23183

The parts number is GM 14067420 or 23183.

I have never checked but you should be able to get them from any Stanadyne parts house. I doubt you will find it at NAPA
Is the replacement check valve a steel ball? When I had my IP rebuilt I swear the fella said he used an upgraded check valve for the return line.[thumbzup]

1984M1009

I'm at least the second owner. I actually bought it from a guy on here and he said he had bought it from the army base.

So if the glass ball is supposed to be in the piece on the right; and all the gunk I keep cleaning out is in the piece on the left, then does that mean the IP is getting ready to go? Last night would be the 4th time I've had to clean it out. It's been about a month in between the 2nd and 3rd time I had to clean it.

It's ran fine today to work, we'll see what happens when I try to go home again tonight.

I believe I saw that someone had posted that you can't get the return fuel valve from Chevy anymore, but you could get it somewhere else. Perhaps I'll try to buy a new one.
I think you will be needing a injection pump soon. I punched out my ball I am going camping this weekend with it then its time to get a iinjection pump

Midnight Rider

Bringing up an old topic, but this past Friday the return fuel valve got so clogged up it killed the motor. I let it sit and came back after work, cleaned it up and drove it home.

I let it sit at my parent's house on Sat. and Sun. I cleaned the valve again and drove to work today. On the way home, I noticed it was starting to run like that valve was getting clogged again.

I keep reading multiple posts about how all this means that the pump is going bad or going to go bad. However, I don't understand how the seals in the pump can be clogging that valve, because isn't the fuel going the other direction? I keep getting gunk in the bottom of the valve, not the top where the glass ball is supposed to be.

Is it a consensus that it is the pump that is going bad? I removed the hose that connected the valve to the hard lines coming from the injectors and it looked clean.

The gunk in the valve isn't metal and it feels soft to the touch. Of course it has been soaking in diesel.

I don't have alot of money and this is my only mode of transportation. So far I've been carrying my tools, carb cleaner and a paper clip with me to clean the valve out when I need to.

I need some direction/advice here in what my best course of action should be. :confused:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks