• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So it begins but never ends???

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck is looking mighty fine, I have a question since I am just getting ready to spray my M-35, I have all the sanding and prep work done (a labor of love/pain) my question for you is hoe hard was it to spray the paint on? It looks like you did a great job do you have a lot of experience with painting vehicles? I have never done it before and frankly I am a little nervous I have never painted a vehicle before, I am using PPG 3 part paint, its got the paint part, then the hardener and then the NO lustre component, WOW what the heck ever happened to just PAINT?? Any word of wisdom would sure be appreciated!
Thanks
Karl

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Afternoon Bill W its looking mighty fine, are you going to stencil the truck when this stage id completed? I just recieved all the stencisl for mine yesterday and it will hopefully be painted this week, then I need to start on the bed, I have some welding to do on that then pressure wash and paint, Then start on the interior. Do you have any suggestions as far as cab/floor insulation to help cut down on some noise, I get tired of wearing ear plugs all the time, would really like to quiet it down at least a little. You project is going to be very ncie when done keep up the great work Bill W I ma looking forward to seeing it completed! Talk soon
Karl

Bill W

Good Afternoon Bill W its looking mighty fine, are you going to stencil the truck when this stage id completed? I just recieved all the stencisl for mine yesterday and it will hopefully be painted this week, then I need to start on the bed, I have some welding to do on that then pressure wash and paint, Then start on the interior. Do you have any suggestions as far as cab/floor insulation to help cut down on some noise, I get tired of wearing ear plugs all the time, would really like to quiet it down at least a little. You project is going to be very ncie when done keep up the great work Bill W I ma looking forward to seeing it completed! Talk soon
Karl
A hard top makes a world of difference as far as keeping down cab/exhaust noise, I'm getting ready to reinsulate mine using 3/8" foam sleeping bag ground pad

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Bill W how are you going to attach the foam to the inside of the cab, if you are glueing it what type of adhesive will you use? Are you going to be puttign anything on the floor of the cab? I have a hard top on Mine granted the exisint military insulation is pretty shot its still there and I still need earplugs when going down the highway! Thanks for your suggestion Bill W it is much appreciated!

Karl

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Somehow with a truck that looks that good, I doubt anyone is going to notice the passenger side fender.

:beer:

Bill W

Outstanding job Bill W.

Can we expect to see the truck at the GA Rally in Oct??
Thats the plan as of now. I'll have the windshields back in next wk/end but from there I put the rest of the truck on hold and start working on a paint job for my daughters ( new to her) car ,being I have the booth built and I need to have it up and going by the start of school being I was informed ( by her ) that "Juniors can't ride the bus"?? ( some new State law I haven't heard about!:???:)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill W. its coming along beautifully, Dman that truck is looking good, by the end of this week my 35 should be done with the exterior paint, I will be bringing the bed to the paint shop this morning and should be hopefully be driving the TRUCK part home this afternoon, the bed will be done by Thursday and hopefully this coming weekend I can get the bad back on the truck. Then in a couple weeks after the paint has cured enough I can get the stencils painted on then start on the interior. Heck I hope it looksevne half a great as yours looks Bill W. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! I will keep you posted
Karl

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Afternoon Bill W I just got the bed of my truck back Friday from the paint guys and have to admit they did a beautiful job on both the bed and the truck, Got the bed mounted Friday night along witht he fenders and mud flaps. I have also replaced all the weather stripping on the truck with new and in a couple weeks will get all the stenciling done, then comes the interior of the cab. I also bought a Cargo cover for it last week I just need to drive a ways to go pick it up. Oh well its in great shape and the price was right! Soon I will be ready to post all my pics and you can see how the old girl looks! How is your project coming along, the last pics looked beautiful? Let me know Bill W. and talk more soon!
Karl

Bill W

Karl
I got the windshield glass in and put back on and spotlight is mounted. Pulled her outside to sit for awhile but I can better see the light at the end of the tunnel. You need to post some pic'sof your rig

Attachments

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill W you did a great job on the light mount, it looks better than any factory would have done! Question for you Bill do you have an email address I could go direct to and I will send you the pics I have completely unassembled, Let me know your address if you ae OK with that Bill W and I will send over what I have

Bill W

OK
Got the paint on my Daughter car ( still need to put side trim back on ) so now I can get back to the Deuce :wink:
I know pic's are non military but I wanted to show it off before she brings it to the student parking lot next week being I haven't shot real automotive paint ( acrylic enamel ) in about 6 years I was very happy with the results.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bill W

OK
Troop seats, side racks and front rims are done, put chain on winch and bought foam to repad the pass seat today., Oh yeah and new front shocks. Got to bring 5 bad tires to local shop to get rims broken down from there I can finish painting the rest of rims

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks