• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So screwed...bought a 1078 today...wife doesnt know yet!!

Longrange08

So what i need is a shed i can stay in until this blows over.... Too good to pass up. Good shape runs drives shifts most everything seems to be there. Spare tire gone. Air dryer gone some fuses out of dash gone also. Went and looked at it today. Trailering it home monday. Clean ohio title. The bad. Front wheels arent under power.... Hoping its a fuse or sensor missing.?? Ive been looking at these for a while. I own a gunsmithing shop and seemed like good advertising i can write off on taxes. Im in dayton ohio. If any member ever gets near dayton with some advise on what i need to know. I got a spare bedroom and some machine guns ill break out😁 937 5801133. Feel free to hit me up. Look forward to learning from the guys on here who know about these things because Lord help me I am lost currently prepping my speech to the wife wish me luck

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always tell my wife that I'm storing that truck for a fellow collector. How do you know the front wheels are not under power? That would mean you can only drive it in mode. Get a MRAP dryer for it from suprman, the original is not that great.

Longrange08

I always tell my wife that I'm storing that truck for a fellow collector. How do you know the front wheels are not under power? That would mean you can only drive it in mode. Get a MRAP dryer for it from suprman, the original is not that great.
Thats good advice.....but my wife dont buy that crap anymore.. Used that line up buying power wagons. Or guns. When i drove it in the grass up a hill rear tires spun and front didnt any driveshaft stopped moving does superman have a website? I need to do alot of research. Different than the 7tons i drove in the corps. Wanna say it was in mode 3 think i looked.? Or maybe just said mode cant remember. To the guy from franklin feel free to hit me up if you get free. Would love to compare and talk to someone deeper in than i am. Fwiw this one cost me 4800 so think i did ok

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until you engage mode, the inter-axle differential is not locked and if traction is lost on a wheel it will spin like you witnessed. Suprman is a member here, send him a PM and inquire about the dryers. For 4800 you stole it, that is what non-runners bring at auction.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Rut Roe [thumbzup][thumbzup] I first ask my lovely wife what I can make for dinner using my P38.
Now that I have got her in the mood, the I "ACQUIRED" an Asset that she would look
great in with the new necklace I have "Acquired" all just for Her.

Just an Idea, its better to fess up early, lessen the shock, kiss and make up, and let her think that it is all for her.

Good Luck, even though I would bet that you have her like CLP in your hands.:tank:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Send her a dozen roses with a sweet card....then when you get home, remind her of the last thing you bought her that made her very happy.

THEN....spring the new truck on her.:D

IF...she doesn't start throwing a tantrum...or things, tell her how valuable the truck will be in hauling future purchases for her (or the house, farm, etc.,).

IF the sweet approach does not work, put your foot down and MAN UP!! (Or... grovel a little and offer to do the dishes/laundry/cleaning....for....like forever.aua)

I've used many different tactics in the last 23 years and we are still a loving couple....she knows my tactics....and I know how to use the dish washer...the washer/dryer...the floor polisher, so on and so forth.

Oh...and don't forget to show her how much folks are asking on ebay for similar trucks. BUT!!!! She MAY actually make you list it.

Oh....and next time consider buying a truck with some sort of "box" on it....just in case Charlie gets in the wire.

The end.:papabear:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been there, done that. Bought a 5-ton without telling the wife. I dropped the news in casual conversation like it wasn't a big deal. It was like a band-aid... pull it off quick so it doesn't hurt as much. It blew over and we laugh about it now. You can always live in the back of the truck for awhile, but it's painful during the summer.

Longrange08

Wives are funny that way. My wife has grown used to it. She doesnt really understand business and opportunities. She fought me when i wanted to open my business and again when i bought a bobcat.... Wicked cheap! Or any one of many machine guns. ..there all investments. They have all made me money. So anymore she just says whatever honey... Youll do what you want anyway... Which is true.. But i always tell her is when i lose money on a deal ill listen more to how you think i should do it. She tried to persuade my business decisions when she didnt agree with my thoughts. I just tell her when my business makes less than it did last year then ill start heeding advice. Business is business and ive considered this a Business decision. Yes its a toy. But at 4800$i could make money if i choose. And a billboard is 1700 a year and wouldnt attract the attention this would with decals slapped on it. So either im very logical.... Or a dick. Well see. But shes stayed by me when it was hard. So i want to share my life with her now that its not. Behind every good man.... Is a good woman

FloridaAKM

After my last divorce, I was lucky & kept my house, guns & trucks. No more wives for me & I get to buy what I want & can afford. You guys with good wives for all these years, you are blessed & smart.

To the OP, post some pictures of your new truck, we all like pictures or it didn't happen.

Longrange08

Trailering in home in the morning. I will post pics soon as its home. Anyone know how available turret mounts are for these? I gotta couple items id like to throw in there. In thinking about recreating the scene from crocodile dundee where there driving ariund shooting kangaroos except itll be a lmtv a belt fed and coyotes. I better check with the warden first lol

Longrange08

Also quick question hoping to hear from so. Eone more knowledgeable that i am. (not hard). So these have a 200 amp alternator and a 12v system. Would it be possible to use these as a generator for the home in case out an outage.ive been wanting a bigger generator that could run most things in the home. Hoping i could set this up for that situation then ill have another talking point with the wife��

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It's usually a dual volt 12/24 100 amp alternator. The current rating is split between the two. I guess you could run the truck with an inverter. Not really efficient and big inverters are expensive. Get a 10kw mil generator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks