• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So screwed...bought a 1078 today...wife doesnt know yet!!

Longrange08

Makes sense. Thank you for the advice. Ive been looking at those generators also. But i think i better pick my battles and wait a bit lol. But they seem to go very reasonable in price. May be my next purchase

quickfarms

Talking points for the wife, that is funny.

Just tell her it is for the business and use it for advertising

A light tower makes a great generator and it has a built in load bank and you can exercise it hike helping the kids school or church out

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailering in home in the morning. I will post pics soon as its home. Anyone know how available turret mounts are for these? I gotta couple items id like to throw in there. In thinking about recreating the scene from crocodile dundee where there driving ariund shooting kangaroos except itll be a lmtv a belt fed and coyotes. I better check with the warden first lol
Soooooo.... where are the pics and how did the arrival go?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im in Trotwood i own spence gunsmithing on union rd. Do you have one of these? Nice to meet ya. Welcome to swing by once i go get it monday

I'm pretty sure you can find the BeefCo Warehouse and Storage yard neighbor.

Capture.PNG

Welcome to the site and you can bring it over to the farm and

A. Drop it off to store (so long as I can move it to mow around).
B. Bring it over to work on it in the big barn.

Longrange08

So here we go. The good. Runs drives seems to function well. 9000mi The bad. Missing head and tail light front wheels dont spin hence no 4wd.air dryer was removed. And missing a couple fuses. Im hoping one of the missing ones controls the transfer case Clutch?? And its leaking a very small amount of oil up front somewhere. Not much but well see. Here are some pics for you nasayers😂also. Missing two batteries..

Attachments

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you made it home safe! It looks like a good truck once you sort out some of the minor stuff. Some of the vendors here have newer style air dryers for sale that work much better than the OE one (finned). Check with suprman.

FloridaAKM

Good looking truck, glad you made it home safely. You will like the new air dryer from Suprman, I just installed the one I got from him & it works great. Your old one would have to be thrown away anyway, so no loss there. Your headlights are 12 vdc, so pick out something bright so you can see your way around. Your oil leak may well be something loosened up by an army mechanic to help get rid of the truck, a little wrench time will fix that. Good luck with her & keep posting pictures as you progress thru fixing her up.

Here is a picture of the air dryer he sells.Halde Air Dryer Install II.jpg

Last edited:

Crapgame

Easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission....

Tell her M1078 was a business acquisition decision, came out of your advertising budget and happens to be tax deductible. Then ask her if her 200+ prs of shoes and Coach purses are tax writeoffs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks