• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So this just happened...

Artisan

I could come and get you out, but I have to wait for this kidney stone to pass first.
Oh MAN! You serious? If so I wish you GOOD luck with that. Dang Garret~! :-(

The first person I thought of was jeepsinker.

Do you know anyone w/ an M916? A 7/8" x 100' cable will drag that thing out in a jiffy
but any big truck and a Bubba Rope will do it too. Now might be a good time to buy
that Bubba rope. I know I want two!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I can add since I just unstuck my m923 today from red Miss mud clay with help :) is watch your tires spinning. My right front axle went down to muck along with my front pumpkin. Trying to get it out it spun the tire/rim and clipped/twisted my inner tube/valves stem. Had to change a tire after she got free but I was no where as deep as you. Ruts only 12-18 inches deep at the front wheels.

Cord Tex in Metairie is a wholesale rope jobber. PM if you need contact info. I buy all my rope for the Boy Scouts from them.

Best of luck to you Michael on your extraction. :)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A deuce will pull you out if it can tie off to something and you have a couple of snatch blocks. I've pulled out 5-tons stuck worse with my deuce and a 3-part line.

The rope trick will work also but you need much bigger rope or some wire rope (cable).

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

I'm feeling better now. Probably was just a small stone, I get them often. If you need me to come and get you out just let me know. I could bring my wrecker, but I think my deuce would pull that out. I buried my wrecker to the axles behind my shop and pulled it out sideways from the front end with the deuce.

ke5eua

I could come and get you out, but I have to wait for this kidney stone to pass first.
I'm gonna give it another try after lunch. Gonna go to home depot and look at some stronger rope.

I had an envision last night on how to use the tow straps. Only problem is I would need about 5 or 6 of them.

I wish you the best on the stones, I know the feeling. If I don't get it out and can't get ahold of Tim I'll let you know.

Just hate for you to drive all that way.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, Just read of your stuckness. I've got a fang yanker appt. after lunch, but I could come get you later this PM with my M925. If that doesn't work, I can hook the wrecker to the M925. Where are you stuck?

ke5eua

Mike, Just read of your stuckness. I've got a fang yanker appt. after lunch, but I could come get you later this PM with my M925. If that doesn't work, I can hook the wrecker to the M925. Where are you stuck?
Great community is all I can say. Now the minute someone from upstate NY offers to come down I will be truly amazed, lol

Let me give it another shot and if it doesn't work I'll see about tomorrow.

Fang yanker, wouldn't you want to rest after that, I'm hoping it's just a routine checkup.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you try the cable method like the rope, next time wrap the cable with a heavy blanket, jacket, floormats, exc. If it snaps it will help slow it down. But no one needs to be in the path of the cable to start with...

Gunzy

Too bad I'm not closer. I have 3 new rolls of 5/8"X200' cable, 250+' of 5/16". Needless to say cable isn't currently a problem for me, but shipping is costly. Good luck on the recovery.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, for what it's worth, I've used chains before as the wheel winch (was desperate). I was able to unstick myself but ended up having to remove one of the duals to get the chain out of that side. Was able to free the other side but took a while.