• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So this just happened...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need what?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't that some great stuff? FM 20-22 is your friend. It covers much stuff like this. I prefer the 1962 version but there are at least 4 versions (that I have). They are on ebay cheap too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That last picture would make a great avatar!

ke5eua

That last picture would make a great avatar!
Nope...

She snapped it as soon as I got out of the truck. I was not amused at that point.

So far this experience has brought back memories of JRTC pulling tanks out of the mud because they think they can go everywhere, and the wash rack in Kuwait.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Between now and tomorrow there is another step you can take for cleanup. If I have to leave mine before the bottom is clean, I put one of the cheap lawn sprinklers under the truck. It keeps the stuff loose and knocks quite a bit off while you sleep (if you don't mind running the water).

ke5eua

Between now and tomorrow there is another step you can take for cleanup. If I have to leave mine before the bottom is clean, I put one of the cheap lawn sprinklers under the truck. It keeps the stuff loose and knocks quite a bit off while you sleep (if you don't mind running the water).
That was the first thing I tackled. I figured since I was already soaked I might as well get underneath it. That's why I parked over the ditch to make it easier. I know I will have to get back under it just to rinse it off but at least I got the chunks off everything.

The parking brake was nasty, just black water.

I love the attachment for my pressure washer, it's called the turbo nozzle. It is awesome, and will take paint off if your not careful. Mine came with my pressure washer and is rated for 1800 psi. Knocks the dirts off better than my 5 in 1 head.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Care-3100-PSI-Gas-Electric-Turbo-Nozzle-AP31079/203354994

One thing I will recommend. If you have soap in your tank on your pressure washer and it auto feeds based on pressure, don't take the nozzle off and get a drink of water. I thought I was going to die on top of the truck. Needless to say I disconnected the soap tank for my safety, lol

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you got it out. I did a rain dance to send some water your way to help clean. It'll probably get there after you're finished, since my timing isn't what it used to be.

ke5eua

Glad you got it out. I did a rain dance to send some water your way to help clean. It'll probably get there after you're finished, since my timing isn't what it used to be.
I was washing off the end of the driveway and it started coming down. Cars passed by, I could tell by the looks what they were thinking. Look at that idiot, pressure washing his driveway in the rain.

Got the straps cleaned and I'll finish the truck tomorrow depending on the rain.

m715mike

Congrats on the recovery and thanks for posting the videos and pictures.

Playing in the mud is much more fun in person; however, the clean-up afterwards is better when done vicariously through someone else's experience!! [thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

Congrats on getting her out.

Primary lessons learned:

(1) Tractors make terrible recovery vehicles.

(2) Mud sucks....gooey mud sucks even worse.

(3) Carry recovery gear with you.

(4) Having a support group like this is invaluable. We may laugh at you but we will do everything possible to help you.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will drive through deep mud but will avoid it if at all possible. There's just too much cleaning and maintenance afterwards that kind of takes all the fun out of it.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know if anyone mentioned it, but check closely for any tears in the front axle seal boots. If they leak, you now have destructive water and abrasive crud in the front axle drive knuckles. They will have to come completely apart and be cleaned and re-packed with grease. If you do not do this you will eventually be buying expensive parts.
Regards Martin Sacks

ke5eua

I do not know if anyone mentioned it, but check closely for any tears in the front axle seal boots. If they leak, you now have destructive water and abrasive crud in the front axle drive knuckles. They will have to come completely apart and be cleaned and re-packed with grease. If you do not do this you will eventually be buying expensive parts.
Regards Martin Sacks
Is that the zipper part on the front axles?