• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So who outbid me? (eBay, 11/9/2010)

combat jump

Who ever you are, you won a nice M1008! Tan paint, new drive shaft and tires, engine and trans rebuild by Tooele Depot....

Oh, well, I'll keep looking for one here in Cali.

K9Vic

Another black paint bomb CUCV from that SoCal place. Not my cup of tea painting EVERYTHING black, maybe the underside, but not the whole truck.

Anyone know how long that paint really last?

lavarok

Who ever you are, you won a nice M1008! Tan paint, new drive shaft and tires, engine and trans rebuild by Tooele Depot....

Oh, well, I'll keep looking for one here in Cali.
I always wonder on the trucks this guy sells...the fact the rebuild tags appear to be added after the paint is suspect. The paint all over the engine is also suspect in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, they look real nice in the photos. Personally, I'd want to see some before and after pics.

Cucvnut

I dont like that guy. he said he had spent 600 on a new rear drive shaft and i can get them made for under 200....what a rip off he is stupid and says the same thing about every truck he sells yada yada yada. i wish he would not sell trucks.

McCluskey

I've met with this guy before, back when he had a few M1009s for sale (I got outbid too :( )

The owner, Steve, he's just playing to most people on eBay the way he writes his auction. 'Ooo Shiney purty' words make me wanna buy! Kind of mindset. He's just trying to write the most appealing auction he can. And, yes he does have another '08 he's working on now that will go out soon enough. I'm still waiting on another '09 from him.

cocco78

I watched that auction as well...

It sure looks like he just did a good steam cleaning and a quick spray paint job and half-assed cheap bed linner, tossed a seat cover on and a dash cover. Even with the new d-shaft he probably put $600 total into it...

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seen it on Ebay to and think it was Mop and Glow job to sell it I cant beleve they sprayed it black in side and all over it look very cheese.:cookoo:
When I re build an cucv it goes back to oem orignal rebuild stste.:jumpin::driver:

rnd-motorsports

Really no dif then taking a chance at GL with some of there descriptions rofl:lol: Alot of peaple out there making things look good to sell for profit with as little cost to them as pos. Cant really blame him if there are peaple willing to pay what they are!:-( Anybody that want's to take the time can do the same. Whether its worth it or not peaple are buying them! not everybody is willing to turn a wrench or two.

3dubs

If someone wanted my M1009 there is no way I would sell it for less than $10k. First you get it now, you get a title now, you can look at it now, plus unlike GL if I rip you off you can take me to court. If you go to GL you have to first get the bid, then wait, fill out paper work and wait about a month or so, then you can go get whatever you actually bought (may not be what you thought), then fill out more paper work and wait about another month so you can get a title. Oh if you do not get the paper work right or someone can't read at GL the wait gets longer. Did I mention you may not get what you wanted. I have wasted time and money on a load of junk more than once! It is like if you want a fish you can put a hook in the water and see what you come up with or go to the store and pick it out. You pay more. Mine is not for sale so take your chances with GL or pay more to get what you expect and no waiting or hassles. Just my two cents.

combat jump

I do appreciate all the feedback here. I was willing to pay more than a GL auction for the knowledge that this would not be a rusty wreck with a bent drive shaft, cracked T-case, dead batteries, crappy paint, oil pan leak, and then needing to pay to have it hauled across the state to get it home. I don't live near the GL auction sites, and cant inspect a truck prior to auction. With those unknowns removed, this truck would be a fair bet that it would run, and would put my build "starting point" farther along.