• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SoCal 2015 Summer Rally Sept, 18-20 Big Bear California San Bernardino Mtns. Camping

Gripy

Just so every knows that friday evening I will be making burgers (y) and hotdogs(~30) for a select number of attendees, X which will be determined by the space left in my cooler after I fill it with precious survival fluids.

Prospector GM

How about a list of who's coming?

Blendmaster- deuce
GMprospector- deuce?
FastNova- 5 ton
Gripy-M1008 tan pickup
TrueKnight- M1028 green pickup
Jeremy-Deuce
Leo4x4- hummer
Lextreme- deuce/ awesome camper
Hilly billy ?
Novacaine- m1009 (k5 blazer)
Armytruck63 in an M38A1(jeep).

11 vehicles, at least 13 people so far
Who else is coming?
Prospector GM in my M35a2.:driver::driver:

Lextreme

Sorry Guys,

I have to sit out this time again. Love to but found out this event little too late. I already set up an event (none MV related) almost two months ago. So have fun and be safe.

David

Blendmaster2002

Getting Close to the Rally date.

I have decided on whats on this years Saturday evening BBQ.

Grilled Chicken Tacos with chopped onions and cilantro! Sides still to be determined, maybe Black/Pinto Beans, Corn and Mexican styled rice.

Prospector GM

Getting Close to the Rally date.

I have decided on whats on this years Saturday evening BBQ.

Grilled Chicken Tacos with chopped onions and cilantro! Sides still to be determined, maybe Black/Pinto Beans, Corn and Mexican styled rice.

I am already in line:clinto::naner: ,watch FASTNOVA WILL try and take cuts, he's tricky:evil::mrgreen: and sneeeeeeeeky!:driver::driver:

Last edited:

Gripy

If kids are coming I guess I'll have to wear pants instead of that fancy swimwear Fastnova is selling.....

At the last event there were kids, they had a good time.

If kids are coming I guess I'll have to wear pants instead of that fancy swimwear Fastnova is selling.....

At the last event there were kids, they had a good time.

Both my kids had a great time. My kids talked about that last outing for forever.
And they didn're mind that Gripy was walking around in his boxers dragging a shovel :)

Last edited:

Blendmaster2002

The meet time for the Friday convoy is 8:00am-9:00am, leaving the meet spot around 9:00am.

Friday Convoy: meeting spot is behind the Shell gas station across the street from the In-N-Out Burger located at 13074 Main St Hesperia, CA 92345, right off the 15 fwy. Morning meet time and departure to be determined. The route will take us to Bowen Ranch Rd and Roundup way in apple valley CA, going up Coxey Truck Trail (NF 3n14) passed Horse springs Campground(vault restrooms available) we could have lunch or snack here depending on time weather etc., then continue on to big pine flats which is where the campground is located.
Google map showing convoy meet place: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.4278577,-117.3772187//@34.4276002,-117.378795,18z

Convoy route trailer information - due to some tight turns on the route trailers not recommended, but short single axle trailers around 10ft okay for pick up truck size and smaller vehicles, for larger trucks M35a2 and 5-ton no trailers as there is one hair pin turn that requires a few reverse forward motions.

Convoy route trail condition information - this years weather/Rain may have made the routes rougher than normal, 4x4 recommended, no cars on this route please 2wd trucks or Suvs can normally traverse the route.

Camper trailers cars etc.. can use the other routes keep in mind weather may have made them rougher, cars and travel trailers can usually traverse them with no problems..

Other routes:

Directions from Highway 330 to Running Springs, then head northeast on Highway 18 to Highway 38. Do not cross the Big Bear Lake Dam. Continue on Highway 38 to Fawnskin. Turn left onto Forest Road 3N14(also known as Rim of the World Dr and Coexy Rd/ Coxey truck trail.) and continue about 6 miles to Forest Road 3N16. Turn left and continue less than a mile, then turn right and continue to the campground.
google map link: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34....-117.1874389,16531m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Directions from the 15 fwy at Bear Valley Rd, take Bear Valley Rd east make a right on CA-18, in Lucerne turn right on CA-18 to stay on CA-18, head up the mountain past Baldwin lake continue on to North shore drive CA-38 to Fawn skin, right on Rim of the World Dr also known as Coxey Rd which is Forest Rd 3N14 continue on 3N14 until you reach 3N16 Big Pine Flat Rd turn left and on your right in under 1/2 a mile will be the entrance to the camp ground Big Pine Flat Equestrian Group Campground.
Google map link: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34....0x80c4bc88e8713c4b:0xb72c376426618c3a!1m0!3e0