• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SoCal 2015 Summer Rally Sept, 18-20 Big Bear California San Bernardino Mtns. Camping

Cycletek

Just some of the pictures, Had a great time seeing old friends and making some new ones.......:cool:

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

First off I want to give a big thanks to everyone who came out!

The Rally would not be possible without the comradery of such a great group of people!

Thank you to all who donated towards the campground fee, I really appreciate it.

I had a great time, the rally went very well. We got to see old Friends and make new ones.

We met at the meet spot and convoyed up the dirt roads to camp Friday. And as soon as we got there I wanted to set up the sink, the water main for the area was broken and so the water was off… But we came together overcame and persevered with some on the fly engineering and what we had on hand with the help of gravity had the sink operational anyway! Potluck Friday evening brought an array of Burgers and hot dogs and plenty of snacks. We set up and played some darts and horse shoes..

Saturday morning brought coffee side chat and the start of the trail drive. The trail drive took us from camp to Holcomb Valley with a short stop for a group vehicle photo op, then on to the old Holcomb Valley cabin and then on down to Lucky Baldwin mine and the ruins of the old Stamp mill. We then headed on into Big Bear for fuel and supplies while everyone looked on as we slowly traveled through town in our old military trucks. We cruised on over by Big Bear dam into Fawnskin and up the dirt roads back to camp. We had grilled chicken tacos with guacamole and Chili and of course the famous cupcakes returned!
Sunday morning everyone awoke to more coffee side chat with ultimate breakfast burritos! We all Started or trek home, some of us had to go different ways from here just as some had to come different ways to get to camp. We convoyed on down mountain and slowly went our separate ways home.

I hope everyone had a good time, sure we had some vehicle part failures, but we fixed everything up and everyone made it home. We sure did have a fun relaxing weekend which is the basic theme of the Summer SoCal Big Bear Rally!

NovacaineFix

Please let me know if I got any of these wrong, will correct.

NovacaineFix
20150918_125428.jpg
Cycletek
20150919_123302.jpg
Leo4x4
20150919_150935.jpg

Prospector GM
B00T2770.jpg
Blenmaster2002 & Prospector GM
B00T2771.jpg
NovacaineFix
B00T2772.jpg\
True Knight
B00T2773.jpg\
Prospector GM
B00T2778.jpg
American Flag
B00T2775.jpg

Leo4x4, Prospector GM, Gripy & NovacaineFix
B00T2784.jpg

Last edited:

NovacaineFix

Not sure why these came up twice

Blendmaster2002 & Prospector GMB00T2857.jpg
Prospector GM & CycletekB00T2838.jpg
Jeremy turgeonB00T2810.jpg
Leo4x4B00T2809.jpg
Blendmaster2002 (up front)B00T2805.jpg
True Knight (front) Leo4x4 (back)B00T2803.jpg
True Knight (front) Leo4x4 (back)B00T2802.jpg
Blendmaster2002 (on trail)B00T2786.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Rodc281

Thank you for having us. It was great seeing some familiar faces and meeting new ones.

DSC_0900.jpgDSC_0902.jpg
DSC_0897.jpgDSC_0919.jpgDSC_0924.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks