• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top paint

DFD2010-A

Anyone have experience painting their soft top with associated success/horror stories? If so did you just use what you were painting the truck with or vinyl specific paint? Thanks to any replies.

Maverick1701

I cant remember which thread I was reading (it was late) but I know someone painted theirs black (IIRC) and it looked pretty sharp

AceHigh

I painted a few covers, including a cargo cover this past summer and so far excellent results. My method was to wipe the surface down with paint thinner, let it dry, thin the paint a little more than usual and use no hardner. I painted 24087 green Gillispie.

Only issue I have so far is it does not look like canvas, so overall although it is holding fine and not peeling or cracking it does have an unusual overall appearance.

x-ray

I've used Krylon OD camo paint with labelled as "with fusion technology" (get at wally-mart) on deuce top and cover - works great and holding fine about 6 months now. was ablle to convert camo cover to an OD cover. Prep was that I Cleaned with soap& water to get dust off and paint on a nice warm day. dries quick and If you need to do it again, sure is cheap enough

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks